Reaction score
IMG-20120205-00947.jpg

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
looks sweet shawn, more pics of that intake manifold? :blitzed:

idkillinit

Reaction score
Go ahead and call me a cry baby. This is the second of two recent threads that have talked about custom exhaust headers. In both cases I've asked the OP whether or not he was planning to port the heads. In both cases my question was either ignored or slipped through the cracks. Is this some kinda' forbidden discussion topic? Seems to me that ported headers are a bit of waste if you're not going to match the heads. IMO, it's a lot like paying for big sticks and then running a tune that pulls gobbs of fuel...you never see the real potential. What am I missing?

I'm not sure but I think the reason Noone ports the heads us because they aeent very restrictive. The manifolds are restricting the heads. Someone who k.ows will chime in im sure.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Go ahead and call me a cry baby. This is the second of two recent threads that have talked about custom exhaust headers. In both cases I've asked the OP whether or not he was planning to port the heads. In both cases my question was either ignored or slipped through the cracks. Is this some kinda' forbidden discussion topic? Seems to me that ported headers are a bit of waste if you're not going to match the heads. IMO, it's a lot like paying for big sticks and then running a tune that pulls gobbs of fuel...you never see the real potential. What am I missing?

Sorry about that. Yes my heads are ported, I have the elite port heads with over size valves. Sorry can't give you any real good info on testing before and after, changed a lot of thing when I bought the heads. But take this for what its worth. I didn't go any faster or make any more hp with the new engine last year.

These manifolds did get port matched to the ported heads. We'll see what happens I guess

Beast6.0

Reaction score
Looks sweet, I've always been a fan of the way you shoot straight about what works and what doesn't. We are all better off for all the set-ups you tried, and testing you did years ago. And not to discount anyone else, but a lot of the tried and true 6.0 knowledge is due to the many nights you and Tyler spent working your asses off. Everyone who makes any serious power with a 6.0, owes you guys in one way or another. You don't take credit for how much you've pushed and improved our platforms potential for performance. I just wanted to tell you that I personally appreciate all the knowledge you've shared over the years. You could have kept it all to yourself, but you've always shared & helped others and that has gone a long way toward making 6.0's stronger than ever before. I owe you a bottle or two of your favorite beverage:toast:

constantfix

Reaction score
Looks sweet, I've always been a fan of the way you shoot straight about what works and what doesn't. We are all better off for all the set-ups you tried, and testing you did years ago. And not to discount anyone else, but a lot of the tried and true 6.0 knowledge is due to the many nights you and Tyler spent working your asses off. Everyone who makes any serious power with a 6.0, owes you guys in one way or another. You don't take credit for how much you've pushed and improved our platforms potential for performance. I just wanted to tell you that I personally appreciate all the knowledge you've shared over the years. You could have kept it all to yourself, but you've always shared & helped others and that has gone a long way toward making 6.0's stronger than ever before. I owe you a bottle or two of your favorite beverage:toast:

:gethim: Pucker up sweet heart, jesus

If he doesn't run it, it aint worth it. How many companies has he slandered only to come full circle back to them. And if he didn't end up running their product, it aint worth it. That is pretty much what i have gathered from Shawn's posts. Dude knows more about my engine then i will ever gather. Still, I can't help but think that his arrogance is a common trait around here with a few select people.

The only thing that i've read that has come off more conceded to me, is another member saying 'i'm going to change the game.'

Really? are we in a rap video? Are you Biggie in your mind or 2pac?

commence the firing line :flip: :biggun:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
:gethim: Pucker up sweet heart, jesus

If he doesn't run it, it aint worth it. How many companies has he slandered only to come full circle back to them. And if he didn't end up running their product, it aint worth it. That is pretty much what i have gathered from Shawn's posts. Dude knows more about my engine then i will ever gather. Still, I can't help but think that his arrogance is a common trait around here with a few select people.

The only thing that i've read that has come off more conceded to me, is another member saying 'i'm going to change the game.'

Really? are we in a rap video? Are you Biggie in your mind or 2pac?

commence the firing line :flip: :biggun:

Wow you don't know very well, just because I can't afford to buy some peoples product doesn't mean its not good product. I have never out right said anyones stuff is junk. I do ask the questions and ask for proof it works. Like these manifolds I just put on. Did I post anywhere they are going to work. No. I posted info and pics of a new set of manifolds.

Please don't muck up this thread. There is a smack talk section if you have more to say.

Sorry for posting pics of something new

Beast6.0

Reaction score
I've read a ton of threads over the years where he has given people sound advice on how not to waste their time and money on something, because he's done it and it doesn't work (stock VGT in compounds for example). And yes, he'll be the first to call bull**** on someone's claims until they back it up, but turn around and give them credit if it's proven to work. You would appreciate that if you knew how many snake oil salesmen have tried to claim they had the magic fix for the 6 liter. This I can painfully tell you first hand, as I lost a house due to one of the douche bags. So yeah, I appreciate very much and trust that he'll give an honest assessment of these new manifolds performance, fit and durability. If I'm wrong for appreciating that, well tough ****. And he's also proven alot of things by pushing parts to their limit, like the fact our trans can hold up when properly modified, that a cam isn't always the first place to spend your money, Hypermax rods can take a hell of a beating..etc. Which is knowledge I'm thankful to have without spending my money to find out. If you have a beef with him or he rubs you the wrong way, again tough ****, that's between you and him. And I don't see how my previous post was ass kissing, as I have nothing to gain by it. It was just an honest show of appreciation for all the honest opinions over the years (whether people liked them or not) on equipment he's tried.

Also, in the future, if you don't like one of my post, can you express why in a way that doesn't sound like my middle school aged nephew. Thanks

I apologize to everyone for my part in this thread getting off track, I was originally just thanking in advance for the honest test of these that I knew was coming, but a member maybe feel I needed to clarify my post further. I look forward to seeing how these manifolds perform.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
They are full billet, no cast. Its just my phone. I'll try and get better pics. He starts from a big block of steel and machines from there

I used 3/16 steel pipe to make the 90deg bends, the 6.4 guys went to the 6L manifolds cause they were blowing out the bend at the uppipe. So we went thicker in the steel at the bend hoping to eliminate that issue

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Uppipes made from scratch, all new. No bellows to blow. Haven't run bellows for yrs now

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.