New Build

White_monster

Reaction score
Hope you got patience. The lower rear 2 bolts on the passenger side head come out with the head and the lower rear most bolt on the drivers side head comes out with the head as well. Studs go back the same way. Take your time too

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
Hope you got patience. The lower rear 2 bolts on the passenger side head come out with the head and the lower rear most bolt on the drivers side head comes out with the head as well. Studs go back the same way. Take your time too

Im definatly not known for my patience but i can usually work through majority of anything. Thanks for the heads up. I was actually going to lift the cab a little bit and the back of the motor since my trans isnt in yet. I was thinking that it may be enough to get those bolts out and the studs back in.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
am I the only one that thinks 60's on stock turbos is going to be a little too smokey?

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
am I the only one that thinks 60's on stock turbos is going to be a little too smokey?

Im not expecting it run clean by any means especially with my altitude. But I definatly believe there is power to be had though with 60's with stock pump and turbos when tuned right. Also its not like im going to be running the truck with a race tune on the streets so i dont think smoke will be an issue.

Gearhead

Reaction score
A modded pump or twins would pay dividends with 60s or larger... hell, 2.3ms of PW won't even hold full pressure with stock nozzles.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
A modded pump or twins would pay dividends with 60s or larger... hell, 2.3ms of PW won't even hold full pressure with stock nozzles.

I fully understand that there is a fuel supply issue with those nozzles. But tuning can be changed a little bit and whose to say that in 6 months that i dont go with a bigger pump or twins. I would just like to see how well 60s can do without a modded or twin pumps. If i lose power i lose power and that will get addressed but im pretty confident that wont be the case if tuned right.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I fully understand that there is a fuel supply issue with those nozzles. But tuning can be changed a little bit and whose to say that in 6 months that i dont go with a bigger pump or twins. I would just like to see how well 60s can do without a modded or twin pumps. If i lose power i lose power and that will get addressed but im pretty confident that wont be the case if tuned right.

You will pickup some power in the higher rpms for sure. I would like to see max HP at 2ms of pulsewidth then the power would be able to peak somewhere around 3600 rpms instead of down lower like with stock nozzles. Then you could shift at 4000 and have more average power rolling down the track. It would probably take a larger nozzle than 60s.

White_monster

Reaction score
Seem to be running harder than they should. Other trucks with one hpfp that's modded and the same turbos and nozzles are a lot less smokey with the same tune. Oh well. I'm not messing with tunes till someone sends me something. Tuning will have to be done on the new setup thou.

tommyboy#1

Reaction score
well im doing pretty good right now. ive been struggling with the damn horizontal cooler for awhile now but i finally got it out. Other then that its just having the patience to work in tight places. Should have it completely tore down very soon and start installing all the parts. The reason its taking forever is due to the fact i rounded 2 of the exhaust up pipe bolts with a 6 point socket. Those really sucked getting out but its done now. Im getting excited to start installing everything.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
well im doing pretty good right now. ive been struggling with the damn horizontal cooler for awhile now but i finally got it out. Other then that its just having the patience to work in tight places. Should have it completely tore down very soon and start installing all the parts. The reason its taking forever is due to the fact i rounded 2 of the exhaust up pipe bolts with a 6 point socket. Those really sucked getting out but its done now. Im getting excited to start installing everything.

good luck man.. pics help us understand and make your build funner for us ;)

Latest posts

Members online