New Carolina girl

deiseldiva

Reaction score
Welcome from Polk County NC! Even though it looks like you might not be coming back! Lol

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"
Thank you! Nice truck, love the red. 08, 250 stock it says... looks about like the way I wanna start from what I've read so far. I like the body style. & fyi, I'm not going anywhere! I've been thru alot worse in my time than dealing with guys who are clearly unhappy in thier home lives that feel the need to either a) bully the "new girl" or b) rather live an online fantasy life because either they don't have a real woman or don't appreciate the one they do have. (I've been in the shoes of the later, not fun) I'll learn to weed them out! ;) Those that are just looking at the pic won't stick with me long anyways! Just saying...

bruce

Reaction score
So you need a diesel pick up to haul a kid around? How much do diaper bags weigh these days?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
wow. I didn't even get a response from my last post.. lol..

kids are fun. I like getting them all riled up and giving them back to their parents..

live life full throttle

superpsd

Reaction score
You would be ahead of the game if you search for a truck that's already been tuned, deleted, and bullet proofed. If you decide to get a 6.4 truck make sure to research thoroughly as you don't want to end up stranded and sitting in front of large repair bills.

Last edited:

cbf9703

Reaction score
Dude, I've been out of high school a long time! You might think it screams high school punk... but to me it screams fu when someone is riding my tail! Call it road rage I guess, but I hate that chit!

Not a dude, and just meant it as friendly advice for someone starting out. I love the diesel performance industry and have been involved the better part of the last 10 years. I see a lot of people come in with that mentality and just try to help you out so we can preserve diesel performance for everyone.

Everyday use... I have a kid... so practical, but I don't want to look like a mom mobile... Not the minivan type! Lol

If you're set on a diesel, go crew cab or excursion. Extended cab with car seats or other kid stuff get small quick. I have all 3 setups and 2 kids so that's my experience talking.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I'll be honest, these things are expensive so if you don't really NEED a diesel a crew cab Ecoboost F-150 would be an awesome daily driver. Plenty of power (especially with mods) and decent fuel mileage.

If you're stuck on a diesel though first we need to know about what kind of budget you have for truck price. That will narrow you down to which engine you need to learn about.

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
All day every day, I must have forgotten my 'hi I'm the no-so-new girl around here' post. LOL

...and now someone is cringing realizing they've read advice I've posted and actually agreed with it...
lol. its all good.. as long as the advice is correct then it does not matter who it comes from.

live life full throttle

morepower02

Reaction score
Thought it would help everyone understand when I ask dummy questions that I am a woman not a 15 year old douche wanna be! Guess I have more to learn than just trucks!

I was just giving the new guy a hard time. Welcome to the playground.

bruce

Reaction score
First thing to know about ownin a diesel is knowin how to spell diesel. I before E except after C.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I noticed. Actually its not English. Its Deutsche spelling of someones name.

I thought maybe she was from an island. :)

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Thank you! Nice truck, love the red. 08, 250 stock it says... looks about like the way I wanna start from what I've read so far. I like the body style. & fyi, I'm not going anywhere! I've been thru alot worse in my time than dealing with guys who are clearly unhappy in thier home lives that feel the need to either a) bully the "new girl" or b) rather live an online fantasy life because either they don't have a real woman or don't appreciate the one they do have. (I've been in the shoes of the later, not fun) I'll learn to weed them out! ;) Those that are just looking at the pic won't stick with me long anyways! Just saying...
Thanks! Glad to hear you're gonna stick around and can handle yourself! Lol;)

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"

neverkickn

Reaction score

So 31ish, yeah I would say you are out of the girl territoryLOL

I have a kid and a crew cab as well as an extended cab. If you are set on a truck, definitely go crew cab and don't lift it. Shuffling kids in and out of a lifted truck sucks.

Sorry to disappoint, but yep, I must have forgotten my 'hi I'm the no-so-new girl around here' post. LOL

...and now someone is cringing realizing they've read advice I've posted and actually agreed with it...

That's hilarious. But at the same time it's sadly true.

cbf9703

Reaction score
So 31ish, yeah I would say you are out of the girl territoryLOL

I have a kid and a crew cab as well as an extended cab. If you are set on a truck, definitely go crew cab and don't lift it. Shuffling kids in and out of a lifted truck sucks.

That's hilarious. But at the same time it's sadly true.

Disagree on the lift, all of mine are lifted... 4-6" and on 35s and 37s, depending on the truck. Granted, I'm tallish, but it's never been an issue for me.

dfauerbach

Reaction score
I would have to agree with a few of the guys or gals posts and ask what is the budget here before sniffing each others rear ends for another 8 pages lol

Latest posts

Members online