New Equipment....

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Why not hang it upside down under the seat... We did that on my Dads old F350 and it worked out really nice

Didn't even think about it. It's in now so I ain't fuggin with it. If I ever reconfigure I'll keep it in mind.

I like what I have but the SQ has a lot to be desired. It get's loud but I want a better sound stage. The sub sounds like it's coming from behind my head, the stage is very narrow and low. I want to widen it out and bring it up eye level.

I have plenty to learn on that though, I'm as newb as it gets with car audio.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
I know... I have seriously debated on selling the console and building an improved one after it's finished. I've learned a lot just buy building this and there is a lot left to be desired.

jdc753

Reaction score
Time to really start tinkering. Time alignment is the easiest way to bring the sound stage up. Its over my head hut I believe you can do some work with phase alignment and some with EQ. To really get the fullest you will want to ditch the passive crossovers and move up to active.

There is always lots to learn from the building, much of the reason I want to revise my system and change things up.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Time to really start tinkering. Time alignment is the easiest way to bring the sound stage up. Its over my head hut I believe you can do some work with phase alignment and some with EQ. To really get the fullest you will want to ditch the passive crossovers and move up to active.

There is always lots to learn from the building, much of the reason I want to revise my system and change things up.

I messed around a lot today with crossover points, balance, fade, EQ, and time alignment. I have to say there has been a massive improvement. Bass has moved way up in the vehicle and the bass and mid-base is seemless.

I have my HU sold and I'll be installing a Pioneer 80PRS. I wouldn't mind dumping the money into a 99RS but I think that much adjustment would twist my brain into a pretzel. LOL

Before I build some permanent pods I'll be experimenting with some 2-3" mids to be placed below the tweeter on the door pillar pod. I mach'd up a mounts with cardboard today and I think it will be a great SQ project.

I also installed another 20lbs of mat in the doors today.

jdc753

Reaction score
I LOVE it!! Great to see another person diving right into some quality SQ builds in these trucks.

Once you get the active setup all tuned you will see the big differences. Its all about making small calculated changes and just listening. Just a tiny tweak and listen, then another tweak and listen and you will have it all dialed in, in no time.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Yeah... The 6.5's in the doors are definitely getting moved but that big of speaker is hard to work with without getting into leg room or the dash. The idea for the pillar pods is going to have a lot of adjust-ability and once I get them set I'll glass em up. What I have visioned in my head is going to be sleek. I might mess with sketchup and see if I can't draw something up for a visual.

Latest posts

Members online