New from CT

CTFFEMT

Reaction score
Whats up Army, my name is Mike, I finally made the switch here from PSN. I own a '00 7.3 with the ZF6 handshaker. I've owned the truck for almost 3 years now and love every bit of it. It is my first diesel and I have learned quite a bit since I took ownership of it.

Day I bought it :
dayIboughtit.jpg

Since owning it, I have slightly modified it. Started with the usual: intake, exhaust, tunes, gauges, lift kit etc...

(I no longer have the bumper guides on it)

IAMVTSTRONG.jpg

I actually bought my truck as a present to myself for graduating college. Recently, I graduated Physician Assistant school and am working as an Emergency Medicine PA. So as a graduation gift to myself (and my truck), I bought a few parts for it, and it currently looks like this...

engine_removal.jpg

engine_no_heads.jpg

Needless to say - I am in the middle of my build. I finally got some time to jump on a computer, sign up for PSA, and start getting some details out there. I hope to have a build thread up soon, but just for a short list:

Nothing too crazy- 38R, Rosewood 238/100's, DI RR, the rest of the fuel system is coming from Jake at Irate, studs, push rods, valve springs, SB DD clutch with SM flywheel, re-burned tunes from TW, Terminator T500 HPOP fluidampr, and a few more things...Long list of maintenance parts - oil pan, gaskets, o-rings, starter, ya know...I am also hoping to paint the block and some parts, still toying with the idea of powder coating. We will see where it takes me.

Like I said, I hope to have a build thread up soon. Things are going smooth as of now. Waiting on a shipment from Riffraff for some valve spring shims so I can send the heads out and then start reassembly. I am used to taking people apart and putting them back together, but not trucks, so I'm sure I'll have some questions along the way. I am doing the project with a buddy of mine who is a 7.3 enthusiast and a diesel mechanic for the Coast Guard, along with some other compression ignition addicts so they have all been helping me understand quite a bit.

That's enough for now, Looking forward to hearing from you on PSA.

Shout out to my fellow first responders - I am a volunteer Firefighter/EMT from CT.

Don't want to end on a bad note, but I live right down the road from Newtown CT (I am in Shelton). God Bless those who lost their lives, and God bless those on here if they are my neighbors, and or have been directly affected from the events of last Friday.

Mike

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Welcome to the Army from a fellow CT'er!

Hellen Keller sent this?

jdc753

Reaction score
bout time ya got over here!!

I hope you are enjoying that nice new shop they got there, definitely a nice place to pull a motor and work on it.

CTFFEMT

Reaction score
Welcome, I recently joined here as we'll. good luck with the build, I'm looking forward to the build posts.

Thanks for the welcome and the wishes. I plan to have a build thread up soon.

bout time ya got over here!!

I hope you are enjoying that nice new shop they got there, definitely a nice place to pull a motor and work on it.

I know I know.. lol. And yes, I am enjoying it quite a bit! Going up there right after I post this. :ford:

Welcome!! Nice truck:thumbup:

Thanks, I'll post some better pictures in the near future. The ones I have aren't the best.

Thank you all for the welcome.

CTFFEMT

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. I live in Shelton as well!

Fellow Sheltonite! :toast: I've probably passed you plenty of times. When the truck's back together may have to grab a beer or ten. I haven't heard of your shop either...I'll have to check it out.

Welcome, good to see you over here!

Thanks!

:welcome:

Thanks!

Just got back from the shop. Sand blasted, primed and painted a bunch of sh!t. Degreased the motor some more. Coming along nicely. Only broke 2 bolts tonight :lookaround:

Epoxy painted the oil pan :
newoilpan.jpg

And came home to find this (always a good sight):
riffraff.jpg

Work early tomorrow...Until next time Army

Mike

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Welcome to PSA. Hope to see you at some local events some time.

Also nice to see the New England members growing here as of late.

Latest posts

Members online