New from Lake Jackson TX

Ccagge

Reaction score
Hey Ford guys,
I am actually in the market for a 6.0, think I've found "the one". This site comes highly recommended, so I thought I'd do myself a service and get some education. The truck I'm looking at is 2007 F-250 Lariat 4x4. 97k miles, studs done, EGR ****** done. Truck is super clean, stock intake, stock exhaust, no external evidence of a programmer. heading to look at it with a buddy/6.0 owner. Bringing edge monitor and plenty of time to go over it top to bottom. Any threads y'all recommend for new/potential owners? Look forward to seeing everyone's beloved 6.0, builds, drivers, toys, whatever. There's a dude somewhere on the site that actually went and looked at the truck for me. I'll figure out the handle and give a shoutout. Thanks in advance!

Ccagge

Reaction score
It's a small truck dealer in Fort Worth TX. I don't know who did the work, don't really know how to find out. I can post a link to the truck, if that's allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ccagge

Reaction score
They didn't advertise the EGR ****** or studs. I was talking with the guy and he sent a picture of the valve cover and explained what to look for. I confirmed that it did jn fact have studs when I showed the picture to a buddy with a stud truck. I don't trust any care salesman...Google reviews are fair and they have great reviews on cars.com. They are dealing some on price, but it's pretty dang close to what NADA says it's worth..pending it's as clean and nice as it looks

Ccagge

Reaction score
And I do like that the pictures are honest. Not taking with some fancy backdrop. No shine em up on the motor. Like I said...still a lot to be determined. I do know it's a three owner truck with a clean carfax. Going to get oasis report tomorrow.

Ccagge

Reaction score
Any and all suggestions/advise welcome. If the only way to buy a used 6.0 is by private party, tell me that. I know what to look for, and understand that word of owner history is Better than a pile of 20k dollar mystery lol

Kedstrokin

Reaction score
Before I bought mine I test drove a couple studded trucks. I took each one out drove the **** out of them. The two studded ones I test drove puked I'm guessing the stud job wasn't performed correctly. I ended up getting a truck that was in stock form everything has gone good so far besides oil coolers. Sence you are gonna have an edge watch deltas and drive the truck hard check for signs of puking.

Black AOD

Reaction score
What does "puked" mean?

Coolant reservoir spews coolant everywhere...usually a sign of an issue in the cylinder head from a crack or a bad head gasket. Failed or cracked EGR Coolers cause the same issue as well

03_PSD

Reaction score
Welcome to PSA, looks like a clean truck. Definitely look it over really well, drive it hard and watch your gauges. I bet you can get that price down.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score

That's a lot of specialty dealers' niche :eek:

Why put studs an EGR ****** in a clean truck only to ship it to auction?

I'm just a pessimist, and I see more junk trucks at specialty lots than I see nice ones... far more...

I see quality trucks at used lots, don't get me wrong, but MOST of them I wouldn't touch. But I'm admittedly VERY picky :eek:

Latest posts

Members online