New from WV

WV Stud

Reaction score
Just picked up a 06 with 121 thousand on the ticker,truck is bone stock.Also have a 06 Cummins so I am not new to diesel just the Powerstroke side.

I would like to ask what can I do to make this truck reliable as possible ?

WV Stud

Reaction score
Is the coolant filter a kit you buy it something like a diy?

Some links would be great if you have any.

co04cobra

Reaction score
I'm in Moorefield..Im sure your talking about Seth? I had my dodge on the dyno there about 2 years ago when he had it at the dealer lot.

Hey buddy, hows it going. Good to see you join up. You'll want to think about headstuds, egr delete, and keeping up with maintenance is key on the 6.0s.

WV Stud

Reaction score
Hey buddy, hows it going. Good to see you join up. You'll want to think about headstuds, egr delete, and keeping up with maintenance is key on the 6.0s.

Good to see you remember me.EGR delete ain't to big of a job is it ?

I just want to make it reliable as possible.Not wanting to make any big power on it.I should do all the maintenance and studs,egr.Before I worry about a tuner correct ?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Good to see you remember me.EGR delete ain't to big of a job is it ?

I just want to make it reliable as possible.Not wanting to make any big power on it.I should do all the maintenance and studs,egr.Before I worry about a tuner correct ?

Egr delete isn't bad at all. You'll have no problem with it. I have several local guys running custom tunes without studs, but there is no guarantee. If you can get a scanner its not a bad idea to monitor your EOT and ECT which will help you check the health of the hpop.

Also, on an 06 there are updated stand pipes, dummy plugs, and STC fitting which have been known to cause problems. Usually hot start/no start issues. Hope that helps some.

WV Stud

Reaction score
Egr delete isn't bad at all. You'll have no problem with it. I have several local guys running custom tunes without studs, but there is no guarantee. If you can get a scanner its not a bad idea to monitor your EOT and ECT which will help you check the health of the hpop.

Also, on an 06 there are updated stand pipes, dummy plugs, and STC fitting which have been known to cause problems. Usually hot start/no start issues. Hope that helps some.

Hey that helps a lot.

I actually pulled my Insight CTS from my Cummins to day and installed it in the PS.I was kinda wondering on what I should monitor on it and what the safe ranges was.

ECT is Engine Coolant Temp corrctt ?
What is that EOT ? Engine Operating Temp ?

Could you think of 3 other important things I should watch and give me safe zones for each one ? I may just post up a list of what all I can monitor and see what you think.

The intercooler pipe on the driver side has a pin hole in it,of course I ended up with a plastic one.But I got to get a new one of them then I am going to do the coolant filter first.And here I thought I was done wrenching haha.

Like to stop up and see ya sometime,shoot the bull with ya.I am working in Philippe,it's a long ride everyday which don't leave me much time.

Latest posts

Members online