New Gearhead Tunes

Dzlnut

Reaction score
The wife told me to buy some new tunes for myself for xmas. I ordered the SRL+, unlimited tow and 8k tow. I been working out of town for a while and just got them loaded up tonight. I cant wait to drive the SRL+ tomorrow. Their customer service is pretty damn quick on getting the tunes out I must say.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
my 10K is pretty tame. stays smoke free unless loaded and lugged from a idle. it doesn't even haze too bad when punched to WOT on the highway.

Steelnc

Reaction score
Love Matt's tunes. My Srl+ is virtually smoke free with 190's unless i jump on it. Tow tune is great for my 12' enclosed trailer. Egt's can get a lil high but kind of expected with a stock turbo. Overall i love his tunes.

chappy

Reaction score
Love my srl+. I want to try his srlxx or whatever it is. srl+ is porbably my favorite tune. I have tunes from idp,TSD and gearhead. There all good but matts Is best multi purpose I would say and has lots of get up and go. Wanna blow the 285 all terrains off? No problem with just punching the throttle from a dead stop on dry pavement. My 35 toyos not so much.

white07psd

Reaction score
Definitely going to try the new srlxx. Ive never tried gearheads but i have all the looneys including looney wild track, xtremex, tsd's spd, rcds original hybrid race and elites insanity.

sent from the stool.

sleeps

Reaction score
Definitely going to try the new srlxx. Ive never tried gearheads but i have all the looneys including looney wild track, xtremex, tsd's spd, rcds original hybrid race and elites insanity.

sent from the stool.

of those tunes you have ran, which one would you say is the quickest? off the line grunt , race oriented? im running the spd w/lockup and looking to try another while the truck is still relatively stock. i dont do many top end 90-100mph runs. but i like pulling away from the cars on a launch.

superBADduty

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by white07psd

sent from the stool.
of those tunes you have ran, which one would you say is the quickest? off the line grunt , race oriented? im running the spd w/lockup and looking to try another while the truck is still relatively stock. i dont do many top end 90-100mph runs. but i like pulling away from the cars on a launch.

I'd be interested to know as we'll.

white07psd

Reaction score
Well, the xtremex, looney wild track and spd early lock up are damn near identical power wise. Theyll all blow my 285s off from a light. Ill actually tow with the xtremex and can manage egts with ease as long as i dont lay into it hard. The Looney track shifts very hard with the lock up and is the smokiest. I run the spd with early lock up daily and it also has the vanes open at idle to give it the non vgt sound. They're all very close tunes and all have early lockup so that generally makes them a hair quicker then a regular race tune. This is all what ive gathered for my truck, every truck responds different with different tunes

sent from the stool.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
what is this " vanes open at idle"? so i can get that in a tune and not have a turbo that wakes my neighbors as i let it warm up in the morning?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
i noticed this as well after i installled my tunes. once it warms up it comes back.
but i could not be happier with matts tunes for the 6.0 and 7.3.
i have the srl not the srl+ due to no headstuds.

Latest posts

Members online