New Injectors New Problems

03cody

Reaction score
Ok so I posted this on Facebook a couple of days ago and got a little help but I'm looking for more information.

I bought some new Elite 185/75 injectors and they now have about 1500 miles on them. The other day as I was slowing down I noticed some white smoke coming out the tail pipe. I went and drove around some more and found that any time I went over 45, the truck would smoke when I slowed down.

It shows no codes, the FICM shows good voltage, the FICM and Injector harness are both new. There is no stiction in injectors when they are cold.

I can literally think of nothing that would cause this but its very annoying and embarrasing.

I've contacted Elite but heard nothing back yet. Anyone have any ideas?

ghohouston

Reaction score
Check all 8 exhaust ports for dampness, and check your exhaust too. Check all fluids, especially coolant and oil. Could be oil burning, unburnt fuel, coolant, etc...

03cody

Reaction score
The smoke smells like fuel. The truck is also studded and has no egr.

Edit: Engine only has 1500 miles on it too so I hope its not burning oil lol

highestpoint

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my truck. The injectors were sticking and I bet the same is happening to you. I ran revx with no luck, hot shots secret with no luck, archoil and a tow tune while towing my wifes jeep across the country actually solved the problem, along with putting the hammer down on the on ramps and to pass. Tried to keep the speed up while going through the rockies so I ran the egts at 1200+ for as long as I could with only getting over 1300 at one point. Saw icp get above 4k several times and I'm assuming it just worked itself loose.

Best of luck though. I was actually going to use that as an excuse to buy new injectors but they fixed themselves lol

03cody

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my truck. The injectors were sticking and I bet the same is happening to you. I ran revx with no luck, hot shots secret with no luck, archoil and a tow tune while towing my wifes jeep across the country actually solved the problem, along with putting the hammer down on the on ramps and to pass. Tried to keep the speed up while going through the rockies so I ran the egts at 1200+ for as long as I could with only getting over 1300 at one point. Saw icp get above 4k several times and I'm assuming it just worked itself loose.

Best of luck though. I was actually going to use that as an excuse to buy new injectors but they fixed themselves lol

its really crossed my mind to just put the hammer down on it like a pissed of teenager lol. I'm just scared because I just put a huge amount of money in it haha.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.