New lasb ,e-fuel and Ic!!

Swaan

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to post a little update on my recent purchases.
I got a 97 obs with stg 1 ff injectors ts chip with php tunes ect ect.

I was less then impressed with the stock turbo with the new injectors so I thought I would up grade to a irate t4 SS mount with a lasb bell turbo s300. I also upgraded to jakes complete e-fuel system as the oil drain on his turbo kit goes into the hole for the mechanical pump. I had a 6.0 intercooler laying around so in it went at the same time. The hpop got upgraded to a srp1.1 as the fuel filter bowl is out anyway and I was getting a cel for low psi in the hotter tunes.

Well it's all back together and running real nice!! Very smooth now. The truck pulls just as hard on my tow tune now then it did on the hottest tune before the upgrades. A lot less smoke and more responsive also. Just cruising down the freeway It pulls 2-4 psi boost. The stock turbo had nothing.
Haven't towed anything yet, but on my kill tune so far can't get it over 1100 deg. Very happy.
The only real hiccup I had was the down pipe that comes in jakes kit, needs to be totally revamped and modified to make it fit down the back of the engine.
If you got a chop saw and a good mig welder and fairly handy it's not a big deal.

My old stock turbo could pull 35 psi of boost with no Ic. The new turbo is pushing 38 -40 with the Ic.
Jake said its good for 1250 cfm of air. We will see how she does on the next trip out towing. :redspotdance:

baderic03

Reaction score
The down pipes when you switch over to T4 mount kits are tough to fit in period it's a lot of massage to do to the firewall to make room. As far as more boost goes it sounds like your old setup had a boost leak because with a intercooler you will loose psi in boost 1100 is nice temps. Plenty cool. I ain't afrraid till I'm in the 1800deg area.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I doubt he was losing boost, the stocker is pretty much out of its map after 28-30psi. Sounds like your new set-up works good for you op.

davey99ps

Reaction score
Once the turbo is out of its map all your doing is overheating the air and wrecking the turbo. Just cuz you can push it out of its map doesn't mean your making more power. If you would've gated your stock turbo to 30psi an put it back on the same dyno you would've got the same #'s. I don't remember the tq, but I did right around 360hp at 30psi with my stock charger, a weak hpop an smaller injectors than you.

Last edited:

baderic03

Reaction score
What injector my new setup makes a lot diff power. My old setup was stock everything tune and 200/30s. A s366 flows as much as a d66 or super89. Just has a bigger turbine side stock flows like 200cfm less. But cfm isn't the correct way to read turbos as in you need to read there compressor map and lbs/min

Swaan

Reaction score
The down pipes when you switch over to T4 mount kits are tough to fit in period it's a lot of massage to do to the firewall to make room. As far as more boost goes it sounds like your old setup had a boost leak because with a intercooler you will loose psi in boost 1100 is nice temps. Plenty cool. I ain't afrraid till I'm in the 1800deg area.

Yep the dp was a lot more work then with the original turbo. I don't think I had any boost leaks with the stock setup. I agree with the Ic the boost would be less but only with the same turbo. The lasb pushes a lot more air so more then makes up for the Ic. It seems to make more boost down lower in the rpm range also. Which should help tons when towing. It's supposed to have a very broad map. Seems to work very well so far.
I've sent my chip of to gearhead to get reburned for the mods. Can't wait to get it back, stock runs nice but no jam lol!!:lookaround:

Next on the list is a rsk for the d60 with b and v codes. Waiting on Cary for the parts.

Peroni

Reaction score
Good to hear the LASB is working out nicely. I've been anxiously waiting for Jake to get mine shipped out. Be interesting to see how it does towing.

baderic03

Reaction score
If you made 40lbs of boost with your old turbo you will make 40lbs with the new one. Boost is boost you don't increase boost on a non waste gated turbo because its bigger or flows more it don't work like that Boost can be changed with the demand the motor requires through tunes Like my truck would make 50lbs on a stock charger,d66 and my s475 that's what the motor wants Now some tuners make power with more boost in a motor then timing that is what changes where good tuners are and ones that don't wanna blow **** up or have in the past. Spool up is nice with those turbos. Though because of the smaller turbine housing wakes are trucks rate up and puts the power back into the desired area.

Swaan

Reaction score
to the op do you have anything else done to the engine? ie studs springs and stuff

Nope, rock stock other then injectors , srp1.1 e-fuel 3"" plenums ts chip.
Stock bottem end and heads, no studs. Runs real nice. Pulls hard.

Latest posts

Members online