New Member from Katy, TX

Jbenso127

Reaction score
Welcome, from Freeport bud. You a combo/pipe welder? I'm looking for some welders down here on a job I'm working on in freeport. New construction chem plant.

SiQFCK

Reaction score
Hey bud, no, i've never done pipe welding, only small structural and SS tig

But i know how to MIG, TIG, Flux, and i've only tried stick welding once or twice

79jasper

Reaction score
Pipe is fun.
I would say stick is easiest, but then again tig is easy also.

BTW, just caught on/noticed your user name. Lol

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

truckman1974

Reaction score
Welcome! I was a Pipefitter before joining the military. There's a lot of TIG welding that place out there in piping. Same ol same ol....you'd like it. Looks like you'd fit right in. that's some nice tight welds! TIG was always my favorite looking weld!

SiQFCK

Reaction score
I can't find a job anywhere. I'm a great gig welder, yet every place is wanting 5+ years of experience. Just wish I could find a decent job doing what I used to do. 10g stainless steel up to 16g stainless steel

it was fun and i loved being able to complete the task with the tools and materials all provided

truckman1974

Reaction score
There's plenty of those jobs in Louisiana.....and as long as you can pass the test (they x-ray your welds as the test for imperfections that may break inside the welds) for welding pipe you're good....unless something changed. It's been about 20 years since I was out there.

Look online at Shaw Industries. They're a big employer down there.

The Butcher

Reaction score
Welcome. I'll keep an eye out for a job for you. I know a couple of fab shops in the Katy area that are looking to expand, and they might need some additional welders. None of them do SS, but I'm sure you could handle the stuff they do. Mostly fabricating offshore and onshore oil rig components. If you want to make the drive you should come out to the Galena Park area and look around. There are tons of shops out in that area, and many of them are advertising for needing welders. Saw a guy on I-10 at Federal Rd. the other day with a sign advertising for Welders Wanted for a company in the area.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.