New OBS owner, performance questions.....

1SLO GT

Reaction score
Hey guys I just picked up a 96 automatic regular cab powerstroke and I'm going to do a few things to turn it up but still be reliable and wanted to get some opinions on my plans for it as well as HP/TQ numbers.

Not trying to race it or go FAST but want it to pull my car without a problem and be strong at the same time.

Injector o-rings need changed so I figed hell I might as well put decent injectors in it:
Stage 1s (Full Force or DP haven't decided yet)
HPOP from adrenaline?
Going thru the transmission an adding a decent converter and valve body
Custom Tune
And I already purchased a 3" downpipe, all aluminum intercooler from a superduty, and cold air intake. Basically just seeing who has a similar combo and how much HP/TQ. This is a driver that will haul at the most a 3000lb car to the track from time to time, or four wheelers, nothing major.

Thanks and any info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, Ben

Also I anyone has some injectors or aftermarket HPOP let me know

purpleheart350

Reaction score
Maybe e-fuel and a D66 turbo. You should be fine running 1's with mech pump but after a while FAILURE. And maybe a Modded IDM from Swamps

brewer

Reaction score
Since you've already done the downpipe, personally I'd do the rest of the exhaust. Then gauges, those are critical. EGT, Boost, Trans Temp. Look into the trans-go shift kit.

1SLO GT

Reaction score
Trans go is the valve body I'm going to run, and I don't want to change the turbo and get too crazy I just want a decent Power upgrade without spending all my car fund on the tow rig

DIESEL SHOP LLC.

Reaction score
put a BTS vave body in it they work great. do a set of stage 1s with a 99 hpop and some gauges will be a nice start just did a kids truck on a budget he was very happy and we did a 6 pos chip also.

Tom S

Reaction score
You could also consider a T500 pump as well although it seems the Adrenaline is just fine these days with little negative feedback.

mandkole

Reaction score
at 319K, if the motor's that old, Id also make sure there's good compression before getting too far into major changes.

Reaction score
Hey guys I just picked up a 96 automatic regular cab powerstroke and I'm going to do a few things to turn it up but still be reliable and wanted to get some opinions on my plans for it as well as HP/TQ numbers.

Not trying to race it or go FAST but want it to pull my car without a problem and be strong at the same time.

Injector o-rings need changed so I figed hell I might as well put decent injectors in it:
Stage 1s (Full Force or DP haven't decided yet)
HPOP from adrenaline?
Going thru the transmission an adding a decent converter and valve body
Custom Tune
And I already purchased a 3" downpipe, all aluminum intercooler from a superduty, and cold air intake. Basically just seeing who has a similar combo and how much HP/TQ. This is a driver that will haul at the most a 3000lb car to the track from time to time, or four wheelers, nothing major.

Thanks and any info or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, Ben

Also I anyone has some injectors or aftermarket HPOP let me know

I would run a full exhaust sytem if you already have a DP might as well finnish that up 4" would work great. MBRP or Diamond Eye. Stage ones from your choice if fine, I would recommend Farmers Diesel. HPOP I would recomend T-500 from Terminator Engeneering. A d66 for a trubo is a great choice. It's a simple drop in turbo and easy on the pocket price. Your stock fuel will be fine for this set up, but I always recommend upgrading to EF. Not a must but wise choice. Irate Diesel performance can help you there.
I would look into a tranny up grade to if your going to be towing alot. Tranny are the weakest link on these OBS's.

Poon

Reaction score
I've got pretty much the same set up and absolutely love it. It's not the fastest , but not breaking stuff either. Great tow truck, now.

Latest posts

Members online