new problem popped up yesterday

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Driving down the road at about 55, went to pass a car, about 3/4 throttle. Truck took off like normal. All of a sudden there was a big "bang", almost like the trans banging into gear, and the rpms dropped to to idle and couldn't accelerate any more. Let off the gas and coasted a bit, and went back to normal, plenty of power and shifting fine. Little while later, went to leave a stop sign, normal acceleration, and it did the exact same thing. Let off and it comes out of it and drives normal. I started thinking trans. Then it did it again at 45 mph leaving a stop light and I noticed the rpm drop. If it was trans, wouldn't the rpms stay or rev up? Therewasn't any sudden deceleration or anything like that. So I changed tunes, still does it. Put stock tune on, still does it. Pulled codes, only got camshaft position sensor code. Replaced cam sensor, still does it. I can manage to drive it on the stock tune but I have to really take it easy. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post but I really need help. I posted a video on PSE FB page, can't load a vid from my phone.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
I was using my SCT and Edge insight cts. Also, I took the truck to PSE and he couldn't find any codes either. And naturally, the tryck wouldn't do it with his scanner hooked up.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
Well, I am continuing to have this intermittent problem. After alot of research, it sounds like the "dead pedal" could be the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor on the pedal. Ford dealership wants almost $1000 for the assembly(I have power adjustable pedals). Can I just remove the sensor from a non-adjustable assembly and put it on my adjustable assembly?

Latest posts

Members online