New recruit from Niagara Falls

Coopers_Dad

Reaction score
It's so good to be back in a Ford again. I went spent two years with an LTZ Avalanche after Ford bought back my ecoboost f150. The Avalanche was a great truck but it just couldn't pull my new trailer. Well it could pull it fine until we hit a good hill. After hitting a long grade in 85 degree temps the trans went to 245 and tried to cook itself.

So here she is. 2011 F350 CC, KR, 4x4. The truck is a beauty but has given me a few issues in our first few weeks together. Day three I lost a exhaust temp sensor and the truck died in a drive through. Tomorrow it's going into the dealer to have the evap core and blend door repaired. Hopefully I'll have it back on Thursday.

Towing is a dream my 29ft Crossroads trailer only comes in at 6450 loaded so it doesn't give the truck any trouble.
2014-07-04+12.07.07.jpg

[/IMG]

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
I see you're from the Niagara region. I don't know where you purchased/ serviced the truck but I've heard nothing but good things about the diesel mechanics at Brock Ford.

Coopers_Dad

Reaction score
Brock Ford is my closest dealer and it's spending time there this week. I'm a bit worried about taking the dash out as it's so quiet inside and I hate rattles and squeaks.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Brock Ford is my closest dealer and it's spending time there this week. I'm a bit worried about taking the dash out as it's so quiet inside and I hate rattles and squeaks.

I wouldn't be worried about it. I worked at a dealer north of Toronto until recently, pulled out a few dashes in these trucks. 2011's had problems with the evap cores leaking but after the new ones were installed we never had any come back. I wouldn't be worried about noises either, never had any complaints.

sootie

Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried about it. I worked at a dealer north of Toronto until recently, pulled out a few dashes in these trucks. 2011's had problems with the evap cores leaking but after the new ones were installed we never had any come back. I wouldn't be worried about noises either, never had any complaints.

where did you work? you still working on Fords now?

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply but I don't get on here much anymore.
Worked at Houston Ford in Stouffville, ON but left recently, no longer in the ford world.
Love working on vehicles, can't do it for a living anymore.

Latest posts

Members online