New Rudy's DashDaq Mount From Ricky (4tonGT40)

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Just got some pictures from Ben at Rudys of my pod getting done. I just shipped it on Monday. Ricky gets these things knocked out:pimp:

I cant wait to get it back:rockon:

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

BK39

Reaction score
looks good. I'd love one for above the rear view mirror, angled down towards the driver........

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
so is it going to sit flush inside or flush against it? i wish there was a way to recreate the weird finish the dash has..that would be primo.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
so is it going to sit flush inside or flush against it? i wish there was a way to recreate the weird finish the dash has..that would be primo.

I didn't notice that, now I am on the fence. Don't want dash pieces with different finishes.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
[/COLOR]
I didn't notice that, now I am on the fence. Don't want dash pieces with different finishes.

Ben said they match up well, if i dont like the match on em ill just get the same paint Ricky is using and paint the other side:walkin:

4tonGT40

Reaction score
The original pod has been reduced in size by about 30-35%. The picture doesn't do much justice. If ppl look up the stock photo ( that I forgot to do) It will reflect the drastic drop in size...It takes some work but the results are good IMO.

4tonGT40

Reaction score
[/COLOR]
The end caps are so far away from each other that it would have to be drastic color difference which there is not. If for whatever reason the end caps have been painted before or even dyed then I will simply paint the other end cap and its a none issue. The paint that Ford uses is pretty crappy and usually needs painting anyway.Mine where stained and faded so I painted both. Also guys, bare in mind that I am useing a Ford interior paint code to refinish these, not just guessing or painting these in my garage, I have a professional Standox paint system in place and a OSHA/UL approved paint booth too.

Reaction score
The end caps are so far away from each other that it would have to be drastic color difference which there is not. If for whatever reason the end caps have been painted before or even dyed then I will simply paint the other end cap and its a none issue. The paint that Ford uses is pretty crappy and usually needs painting anyway.Mine where stained and faded so I painted both. Also guys, bare in mind that I am useing a Ford interior paint code to refinish these, not just guessing or painting these in my garage, I have a professional Standox paint system in place and a OSHA/UL approved paint booth too.

Thanks for the hard work Ricky!

Latest posts

Members online