New set-up on my 08 courtesy of MPD.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Last week I drove my bone stock, under warranty 08 6.4 cclb down to Maryland Performance Diesel. It was a 3 day drive from up here in the outskirts of Canada. I liked the truck before. It was nice on the highway and had decent power. Fuel economy was usually pretty good, I thought. Wife's truck is an 05 v10 on 37s and mine was considerably better than that.
Craig and his crew went right to work and pulled the cab and the engine. Installed IH pistons, RCD cam, lifters, pushrods and valve springs; ARP headstuds, RCD ported intake manifold, RCD 71mm atmosphere turbo, MBRP down pipe and 5" exhaust, 6" tip, No Limit cold air intake, No Limit EGR Delete, and a SCT Livewire offroad with Innovative Diesel tunes.
I'm normally pretty hands on, but I brought my 7 year old son and my mother along for the trip, so we went off and toured around the area. At the end of the week, I picked it up and drove 3 days home. All I can say is "Wow!"

amarillo250

Reaction score
I think that gone be the fastest 6.4 on the Outskirts of Canada. Bring her down in summer and we get her on the track here to see what it does.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Truck run's awesome. Climbs hills with ease. Doesn't need to downshift hardly at all. They told me I would pick up some fuel economy too, which wasn't a priority for me but I was really surprised at how much of a difference it made.
I'm very, very pleased with how this turned out. It's been a great experience and I would really like to thank Craig, Buddy and the rest of the guys at MPD for making it all work out so well. Their customer service was excellent even when my boy was all over the place there on the first day. Thanks again.

I should also thank the rest of the people I got parts from along the way. All sponsors here or members here, no need to look any further than right here for your stuff. They include Maryland Performance Diesel, Innovative Diesel, Complete Performance, No Limit, G-Racing, and Jeff@Spartan. Thanks everyone, hope I didn't miss anyone.

taterthedog

Reaction score
I think that gone be the fastest 6.4 on the Outskirts of Canada. Bring her down in summer and we get her on the track here to see what it does.

Maybe fastest in my little area, lol. I doubt it will ever see a track.... Unless it is towing something there. I'd love to build a real fast truck some day.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
thats an awesome setup buddy. cant believe the pipe had fitment issues but ill get it fixed for u asap. enjoy !!

3brorce

Reaction score
Nice build but I didnt see a trans anywhere in there. Hopefully she lasts sometime for ya if your not hard on her.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Nice build but I didnt see a trans anywhere in there. Hopefully she lasts sometime for ya if your not hard on her.

Trans wasn't overlooked, just decided that since I'm not that hard on the truck, it should last a while. And I can always have a built one sent up here and throw it in myself.

Diesel23

Reaction score
congrats Sounds Great !! Love a Road trip !! and especially if there is a happy ending , Looks like you have a good runner ,enjoy buddy

taterthedog

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Loving it so far. Good to be back home too. Enjoyed my trip to Baltimore, but this is a lot more my pace.
5ysadu3a.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.