new to me toy/project

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
finally got my mirrors, and put them on tonight... built some steps the other day cuz my girl who is dam near as tall as i am cant get in the truck very well... she is a brunette but i think is blond 99% of the time... also replaced the icp sensor cuz oil was seeping out of it, and the ebps and tube... put a boost fooler on it also...
yjy2a9y2.jpg
eda5e2e4.jpg

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
prolly nothing that you all and i dont already know but the new mirrors are soooo much better... just being able to see around the headache rack that sticks out is way nice..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
not much happening with this thing... coolent dripping on the ground today so i checked it out... hose is rotting at the down spout out of the water pump... gonna change that tomorrow.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
still not much here... changed ball joints, a front wheel bearing, and a tierod end at the pitman arm. have to drive it south this weekend cuz my dually is still laid up or i wouldn't have spent any money on the axles... they are going to get swapped out in the future.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
need advice on a bed... took it to the scales a few weeks ago and with a dam near full tank of fuel, full toolbox, and a bunch of chit behind the seats it weighed in at 7700 lbs. i imagine when i put a dana 80 rear on it along with a dana 60 front it will add some more weight to it.. it will be used as a dd I'm sure but with dual rear wheels so i dont know what bed to go with unless i switch out rims and run dual rear for pulling and single rear for everything else.

so in order to get under 7k should i hack up the ugly flatbed, put a regular box on it, put a dually box on it, or a regular box with flares on it kind of like 2012 dually flares??

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
Dang that's about what my ccsb weighs, I would say put a regular dually bed on it but I'm a sucker for a reg cab dually

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
so far with all the different pulling rules ive skimmed over im not even sure a flat bed is allowed in most parts.. around here they dont give a crap as long as it makes weight.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
two 3/4" bolts with big washers through existing oblong holes in the frame on each side. kinda looks goofy by the pics i posted.. it doesn't stick out as far as the pics make it out to be... looking down the side of the truck from the front or back you can barely see them..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
again not much with this... been laid off longer then i wanted to be in order to do more mods then what i have... but this is going in sometime this week..... 3800lb'er
evatequj.jpg

did this the other day... bigger then the 6637 by about half.
my5uqusu.jpg

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i wouldnt do it the way i did it... ill prolly redo it and move the battery length ways by the fender and turn the pipe so the filter end faces the front of the truck.. but i had to slide the battery forward and crush a small spot on the filter to clear the break fluid res.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online