New to the 6.0

smokedout250

Reaction score
Well I have a few questions . I have been looking through the 6.0 threads and have came up with some questions.

Being new I have read alot about adatives such as rev x and others. How do I know which I need or should run? Also what about fuel adatives? I have always have always use diesel Kleen or Lucas in my 7.3.

The truck is still under warranty so what can I do and not void it?
And I plan on adding gauges such as the edge cts no tuner just gauges, will this be able to monitor everything I need to? Aka oil temp, coolant temp, tranny, boost, and egts?

And please go easy I'm a new 6.0 owner!

HostileDiesel

Reaction score
A lot of guys run Rev X and have good luck with it, what oil are you running? I would talk to your dealer or whoever will be doing your warranty work and straight out ask them. I assume an exhaust and intake will not void it but some dealers think differently. Ask them before you do anything to make sure you will not void your warranty. The Edge CTS is a great monitor. It can monitor up to 8 PID's at one time from stock sensors or added probes. You have the option of the EAS system which allows you to add multiple functions from pyrometer, backup camera, and turbo timer. It allows you to set multiple alarms for different PID's from low level or high level alarms. The CTS is a very handy little monitor. If you need any help shoot us a PM we can help you get set up!

-Eric

Atsah

Reaction score
Well I have a few questions . I have been looking through the 6.0 threads and have came up with some questions.

Being new I have read alot about adatives such as rev x and others. How do I know which I need or should run? Also what about fuel adatives? I have always have always use diesel Kleen or Lucas in my 7.3.

The truck is still under warranty so what can I do and not void it?
And I plan on adding gauges such as the edge cts no tuner just gauges, will this be able to monitor everything I need to? Aka oil temp, coolant temp, tranny, boost, and egts?

And please go easy I'm a new 6.0 owner!

If your truck has hard cold starts, you will probably benifit from REV-X, maybe, depends if your only problem is sticking injector spool valves. See how it starts cold before you spend any money on a oil additive.. If hard cold starts are a problem, post here and we can direct you in the right direction. Power Service is fine, No Lucus in a 6.0 IMO.. Motorcraft Performance Cetane boost is good stuff.. Quality engine oil is essential in a 6.0. They seem to like 5W40 synthetic oil.. Both fuel filters should be replaced every other oil change.. Flush the engine coolant every 50K..

smokedout250

Reaction score
Thanks guys that's some good info! I have only had it two days!, I will contact my dealer to see more info on the warranty

Great info on the cts! I think it's what im looking for!

I have no cold start issues fires right up runs great! I will check into the motor craft adative!

Also what coolant should I run? The motor craft gold? And I always run motor craft filters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atsah

Reaction score
Some people use and ELC coolant.. Personally, I keep the Gold flushed every 50K and I have never had a coolant related issue in either one of my trucks..

gjoski515

Reaction score
I would get a coolant filter, a good oil bypass filter like fs-2500 or amsoil bypass filter, you can use rev-x for stiction and I would use a good 5w-40 oil, cts is a nice unit to watch all the things you want too watch, fuel additive is what you like, I'm using amsoil right now for cold weather working well for me. Oil bypass,and coolant filter won't void warranty on the truck.

Buellstunter

Reaction score
The archoil 9100 is also a good alternative to rev-x as well. and a little better on the wallet. And as a new 6.0 owner as well. Only since may of 2013. What is the oil bypass filter. Haven't heard of this yet?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.