New trans, new tunes?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So im gonna be pulling the trigger on a new trans here next week. Im going with a twisted stage 3 with a 2000 stall converter. Am i gonna need my tunes revised? Will i be ok with just pulling the added shift pressure i put in in the programmable parameters when the tune is loaded?

Thanks fellas!

Debono98

Reaction score
Would probably be best to get a hold of the tuners and see what they think. Normally a built trans is considered a bigger mod lol. Could definitely have a big effect on the tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kwelch08

Reaction score
I just recently put in a twisted stage 3 with a 2k convertor as well about 8k miles ago and had to have the ones that wrote my tunes revise them and tweak them quiet a bit. The 3-5 shift felt like it was going to rip everything out from under my truck no matter the Rpms, load, or speed it was just crazy rough but a quality tuner can have the kinks worked out by either the first or second revision

hunterER7

Reaction score
So im gonna be pulling the trigger on a new trans here next week. Im going with a twisted stage 3 with a 2000 stall converter. Am i gonna need my tunes revised? Will i be ok with just pulling the added shift pressure i put in in the programmable parameters when the tune is loaded?

Thanks fellas!

So what's that trans rated for HP wise?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Thanks for all the rrplies. I'll be calling the tuners here while im waiting on the trans.

hunterER7

Reaction score
That's not a bad deal then with a 3 year warranty