New Truck Build- 2003 Superduty

deiter5262

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I wanted to start a thread on my build. Over the past couple years I've owned a few different trucks through my families business as a small dealer but always sold them in a few months time. I am going to try to build this one to my liking and keep it for a couple years. Eventually, I would like to be able to pay cash for a 6.7L when the prices come down a little. For now, I picked up a '03 F250 about literally three blocks from my house here in K.C. Got a decent deal but she needed work. Cash talks, Dave Ramsey is right.

Specs:

2003 F250 Fx4 Lariat, lifted 6" w/ 159K miles. Rolling on 20x10 Greg Weld wheels w/ 37" Nitto Trails. Clean grey Lariat interior. New HPOP and smoked LED lights added on w/ 05 harley headlights w/ Red HID's. A hacked up factory exhaust w/ a 5" tip. Otherwise stock motor, interior, etc.

Truck is Red, my first one. Given my fiance went to Nebraska she thinks I bought it for her liking, wrong but it doesn't hurt things:gethim:

Issues off the bat:

-#5 injector is bad from Previous Owner (runs like a turd but no blue smoke)
-Rust on both fender wells (obviously P.O. didn't take care of washing salt off)
-bald tires
-Wacked out steering
-Brick ride down highway
-paint scrape on both front doors from P.O. removing the Diesel decals on the doors improperly.
-Small dings in tailgate
-Leather on steering wheel worn
-Airbag light on (clock spring out per P.O.)

My Modification List:

Motor/ Performance:

-Replace injector and see what else is wrong
-Full EGR delete w/ remove entire EGR system w/ large bypass uppipe
-4 or 5" exhaust diamond eye, Flo Pro, or MBRP (whatever I can get best deal on)
-When money comes Stud motor ARP's
-Install coolant filter
-Replace leaky exhaust manifold drivers side
-install Innovative Livewire w/ Gearhead (more than likely) w/ heads up Pyro, Boost, and trans display.

Leave trans and motor otherwise stock for now.

Cosmetics:

-2005-2007 F250 badges fender (both sides)
-2005 -2007 F250 door badges (both sides)
-2005-2007 Harley Davidson Front end conversion- Grill, Ford emlbem, bumper complete, header panel, 05 Harley lights. Using OEM if possible.
-Remove 6" lift, replace w/ 3" Hanger kit of spring lift w/ rear blocks
-Install New Shocks and factory springs back under truck
-Fix Rust- Replace entire bed w/ 08+ Style
-> Looking for complete Bed w/ 08 tailgate and lights.
-Paint Harley Front end to match red
-Paint new bed to Match Red
-Replace factory rear bumper with 08+ back up sensor bumper
-Paint new rear bumper match Red
-Coat frame with some sort of POR 15 or of like. Get ride and stop any rust.
-Remove key hole front door handles and replace with none key hole
-Paint door handles to match Red
-Install new 2008+ Mirrors
-Install new tint LED bulbs in mirrors
-Paint mirrors to match except leave the bars black on mirrors
-Remove hideous factory steps

Wheels/tires:

-Remove big 37" tires.
-Buy 20X10 BMF Novakanes
-Buy 35" A/T tire

Others:

-Install B&W hide-away Gooseneck hitch
-Install new Grey leather steering wheel
-Install new clock spring

What has been done so far: 02/05/2015

-Replaced injectors #4,#5, #6, #7
-Full EGR delete
-All else remains the same for now.

Parts that are in my garage/ on the way:

-05 grill
-05 fender/ door badges
-05 header panel
-05 Harley headlights
-Got a solid lead on a 2015 take off Superduty Shortbed.
-Also, solid lead on 35" tires here.

I am looking for cheapest deal possible on anything I don't have yet. If you see anything or hear of anyone selling something I need if you follow the thread let me know. Much appreciated. Waiting on tax refund at this point.

I will be posting pictures along the way as progress is slowly made, currently awaiting tax returns to really get going. Kind of at a stand still right now.

Soon #bigred will turn into #bigsexy

Just wanted to share and get some opinions from the liked minded folks as myself. Keep strokin! :evil

Pics at she sits:

view.sfly

welcome

welcome

welcome

welcome

Last edited:

deiter5262

Reaction score
And more .... these pics aren't best quality here and not sure why they are so big. Anway- the truck looks decent from a distance, get up close then you see the many flaws. If I am going to put my name on it then it will look and drive right when I'm done with it. The doors both have paint chipped where badges were. Small dent on pass door, everything else besides bed is fairly straight body part wise. The bed is rusted decent on the rails against the frame and its like cancer spread up from there looks like. Hate rust and road salt. Darn Midwest weather.

IMG_6766.jpg

Last edited:

deiter5262

Reaction score
Weekend update:

Parts are slowly coming in: 2005-2007 Harley grill (aftermarket) and stock 2005 header panel are in possession

IMG_6844.jpg

Step delete Mod Done, trucks look so much cleaner. Now- how do I get in? 6" lift sits tall but it will be taken down soon. If anyone wants to donate a set of amp research steps to my build that would just be fantastic:D

IMG_6870.jpg

IMG_6873.jpg

IMG_6871.jpg

Last edited:

deiter5262

Reaction score
I also removed previous owners obsession with Texas stickers and license plate. And I added a Diesel Power decal. The tires in the bed are off a 2005 Dodge I thought I had sold but buyer backed out:fustrate: Once these are sold I can buy myself new tires.
IMG_6863.jpg

Slowy but surely she is shaping up..:pint:

Last edited:

smcox1

Reaction score
If your getting a new style bed might as well change the front clip to the 6.7

deiter5262

Reaction score
If your getting a new style bed might as well change the front clip to the 6.7

I hear you but I am thinking I will just do some street flares now to save some coin and keep my original bed. Mind changing right now. I have a wedding and honeymoon to pay for this summer. I can't get too carried away with things.

Yes- 6.7 fronts are nice but its a lot of work and$$ in parts while I can do the 05 front end swap much cheaper. I will probably do the 08 tailgate and bumper. Leave OEM bed and add sleek flares. Financially I just can't drop $2200 on a new take off bed. Plus- body lines don't match.

smcox1

Reaction score
Sounds good I just don't like when people upgrade one end and not the other with the 6.7 body parts.

deiter5262

Reaction score
Sounds good I just don't like when people upgrade one end and not the other with the 6.7 body parts.

agreed- it does look a bit silly. I really want the 6.7L body but I'm going to wait until I can buy a 6.7 truck not just the body. lol.:fordoval:

deiter5262

Reaction score
Well- still in the parts gathering mode. Got a Edge CTS Monitor from Austin229 coming my way, also have line on some new 35" tires from yelow1000. Picked up the Fabtech 3.5" hangar kit from powerlifter405.

I have a line on a set of new 20X10 Fuel Hostage wheels from 04stroker I think I am going to go with over the BMF's just b/c I have never owned a set personally.

thanks to the PSA members so far for helping me out thus far. Once my tax returns get back I will finish ordering up parts and start piecing this thing together.

Still in need of a 2005 front bumper, 2008 rear bumper w/ back up sensors, 2008+ tailgate. 2008 tow mirrors, new shocks, track bar, sway bar links, rear lift blocks, etc.:shrug:

Latest posts

Members online