New Truck Seat Comfort..

Atsah

Reaction score
My sister in FL is going to buy a new truck, she pulls a cattle and big horse trailer constantly all over the south, she had an 08 6.4, she hated the seats in that truck and traded it for a Dodge, she had engine trouble with that truck, she wanted me to ask anyone who had a 6.4 and now has a 16 if they improved seat design and comfort.. She really likes the Ford..

Thanks guys..

Notneb

Reaction score
My sister in FL is going to buy a new truck, she pulls a cattle and big horse trailer constantly all over the south, she had an 08 6.4, she hated the seats in that truck and traded it for a Dodge, she had engine trouble with that truck, she wanted me to ask anyone who had a 6.4 and now has a 16 if they improved seat design and comfort.. She really likes the Ford..

Thanks guys..

I have a 15, depends on the trim. Platinum seats are softer than KR and Lariat, I've done 1600 miles towing, and I have a service related back injury, never experienced any discomfort.

LovetheTide

Reaction score
With 84K on the truck they are no where near as comfortable as they used to be. I drive mine a lot and can tell a difference after the truck has been sitting for 36+ hours compared to driving constantly. The foam on the driving side needs to be replaced, all of the others are great but they don't get near the use.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Drove the Lariat Ultimate.....drove the Platinum.....Seats in the Plat were noticeably different. Bought a Plat.

Tell her to test drive them SEVERAL times. She will figure out which one suit her best.

For me the hardest part was just driving and getting the seat set (height, recline, lumbar, etc etc) to my liking. Once that was done, and 39k miles later I can ride for long trips without discomfort.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
The leather is a softer grade. It's more prone to wrinkling though. The king ranch leather is just vinyl painted low grade leather like the lariats these days.

Black lariat seats hold up the best IMO

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
on the 6.0/6.4, a new foam pad is under $100 from Ford

I can't imagine the 6.7 is any different.

The problem is that Ford actually has quality construction/assembly of their seats, so you have to cut and install hog rings (though you can use zip ties if they couldn't take the ghetto out of you) vs. a Dodge where you can just pop the fabric back and put a new seat bottom in in 10 minutes or so.

Notneb

Reaction score
The "Platinum Wrinkle" struggle is real! Less than 15k miles and I'm already seeing it! Do t care, too comfortable!

tbsimmons

Reaction score
the 6.7 seats are more comfortable than 6.4

Agreed my 16 is much more comfy than my 08. Both Lariats.
The leather is softer in the 16 also.
I am noticing that it will wrinkle quicker though like stated above.
I just started using Lexol instantly and try to step out of the truck instead of sliding.

Last edited:

slowcoupe

Reaction score
See I'm the opposite of y'all. I liked the cloth seats in my 08 better than the 15 seats I Just swapped into my RCSB truck.

Maybe the foam underneath hasn't broken in yet but my 08 seats were definitely a softer ride than the 15's. Matter of fact I'm going to pick up some 08 cloth seats this weekend to swap into my 04.

Latest posts

Members online