New truck time!

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I like it! Have you considered painting the 2 big bars on the grille? It looks good as-is, especially with the polished wheels to tie in with the chrome, but just a thought. those chrome package front ends are a little overwhelming to begin with. I'm with you on the rubber floors too. My truck has carpet that's more or less permanently covered with weather techs. I do live on a gravel road, and mine's a work truck though.

I had considered doing the chrome bars and the tailgate panel PTM and then going with black wheels, but I going this way. I think it's just enough chrome to make it "pop". I think it's a little more of a grown up look, too. My wife's family is in politics so I try not to draw too much attention to myself.

I have a 1/4mile long gravel driveway, if I didn't I'd have black trucks. As it stands I just wash them 1-2 times a week and I have a detailed that come by every other weekend. I get them dirty but they never stay that way more than a day or two

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I had considered doing the chrome bars and the tailgate panel PTM and then going with black wheels, but I going this way. I think it's just enough chrome to make it "pop". I think it's a little more of a grown up look, too. My wife's family is in politics so I try not to draw too much attention to myself.

I have a 1/4mile long gravel driveway, if I didn't I'd have black trucks. As it stands I just wash them 1-2 times a week and I have a detailed that come by every other weekend. I get them dirty but they never stay that way more than a day or two

Are you being serious with the family and politics? Like they spot the painted grill and take it personally?

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Dead serious. Her cousin bought a bright green hellcat and they made him get rid of it. I'm in construction so I get a pass on having a truck, but if it were up to them I would be driving some sort of Cadillac or Lincoln sedan. I would love to have a murdered out black platinum on 14 wides but they'd disown me lol. The benefits outweigh the downsides, though, so I play ball.

They screen all my Facebook posts as well, not that I make an ass of myself on Facebook. There are so many different factions of people that get offended for any number of reasons, it's easier to stay off of it.

Last edited:

psduser1

Reaction score
Dead serious. Her cousin bought a bright green hellcat and they made him get rid of it. I'm in construction so I get a pass on having a truck, but if it were up to them I would be driving some sort of Cadillac or Lincoln sedan. I would love to have a murdered out black platinum on 14 wides but they'd disown me lol. The benefits outweigh the downsides, though, so I play ball.

They screen all my Facebook posts as well, not that I make an ass of myself on Facebook. There are so many different factions of people that get offended for any number of reasons, it's easier to stay off of it.

I'm sorry to hear that.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Not a big deal, just have to act like a grown-up lol. Can't have anything too flashy. Just have to ask yourself how it looks to your constituents before you do anything. Especially nowadays that Trump has blown the lid off of the party's corruption. I don't run because I don't want to put my family under the microscope like that, but it is fascinating to have a behind the scenes look at how the sausage is made.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Yep, buy something too cheap they say you are poor and don't have any experience running anything

Buy something too expensive and they say you are out of touch with the little man

I can do whatever I want because I made my own money before I got into this marriage, but all her cousins are trust fund brats so they have to toe the line or grandpappy will cut them off. It's easier to play ball and keep her family happy though, and more profitable;-)

Last edited:

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
The dark side...

But be aware we are in the second bluest state in the country (behind CA) so you don't get anything done if you don't join the dark side. People don't realize that local government affects their lives far more than anything that happens on a national scale. When you have what is essentially a single party state like we have, you have both conservatives and liberals within the same party. Then they all swing left when they step up to the national level to toe the party line. Look at Bill Clinton the governor vs Bill Clinton as president.

Your votes on a national level don't really matter either unless you are in a swing state. Around here the primaries are where the real fight is because it's a forgone conclusion that whoever gets the nomination is going to win.

There are a whole lot of pissed off progressives that would like to see her grandfather out of the way, but he has the power in the party so he and the other old timers decide who gets the nomination and my extension who runs. The last thing these old heads want is change, so there is a lot of talk on both sides but nothing ever happens.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
The dark side...

But be aware we are in the second bluest state in the country (behind CA) so you don't get anything done if you don't join the dark side. People don't realize that local government affects their lives far more than anything that happens on a national scale. When you have what is essentially a single party state like we have, you have both conservatives and liberals within the same party. Then they all swing left when they step up to the national level to toe the party line. Look at Bill Clinton the governor vs Bill Clinton as president.

Your votes on a national level don't really matter either unless you are in a swing state. Around here the primaries are where the real fight is because it's a forgone conclusion that whoever gets the nomination is going to win.

There are a whole lot of pissed off progressives that would like to see her grandfather out of the way, but he has the power in the party so he and the other old timers decide who gets the nomination and my extension who runs. The last thing these old heads want is change, so there is a lot of talk on both sides but nothing ever happens.

My father in law is a Mormon bishop Democrat...so I get it a little. He isn't as connected in politics but a pretty big deal in business and in Dallas. Pics with Hilary Bill etc. He makes his position well known but doesn't bug me or my family. We are the black sheep.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
They are all gunshy now because Barry O was never supposed to win in the first place. Then he came along with his progressive agenda and basically ruined the party's chances for a generation. He changed too much, too quick, and now they are paying the price for it. The only leaders they have are extreme leftists like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders. That's bad news for the future so I think you will see the national party swinging to the center. The problem is that they have allowed themselves to become slaves to special interests and their money, but there are not enough left wing whackos to give them the election. They've been barking up the progressive tree too long, and they've alienated the majority.

All these guys care about is getting elected. If you talk a lot but then you can't get anything done, you get to try again in 4 years. If you actually make the changes that you talk about then you have to own them when they don't work (Obamacare comes to mind). The name of the game is to talk as long as you can without having to take any action. You'd be amazed at the level of cooperation there is when it comes to making sure the status quo remains.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Yep, meanwhile the national debt is going crazy. But that's the next generation's problem, all they care about is tax,spend,elect, repeat

If you haven't noticed I don't care much for national politics. State and local level are where the rubber meets the road.

Connor M

Youtube Certified Master Technician
Reaction score
A truck is too flashy for the grandson-in-law to drive? That's ridiculous. I'd figure you're enough removed for it to not be a problem.

If you murder the truck out and keep the windows tinted deep nobody will know who's truck it is :thumbsup:

Honestly, more power to you if you can power through an overbearing family like that.

Oh and the truck looks sweet. Always wanted a truck with vinyl floors and nice (heat/ac) leather seats, cool that it's an option now.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
The benefits far outweigh the costs. I'd rather have the connections.

You choose to let things bother you. You can just as easily choose not to notice the irritating offender, to consider the matter trivial and unworthy of your interest. That is the powerful move. What you do not react to cannot drag you down in a futile engagement. Your pride is not involved. The best lesson you can teach an irritating gnat is to consign it to oblivion by ignoring it.
Robert Greene, The 48 Laws of Power

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Pretty much. Everything in life is a compromise. The vehicle thing is a battle I don't really care enough about to win.

The irony of it all is that I'm the favorite grandkid and I'm only related by marriage lol. He's introduced me to people that I've gone on to do a lot of business with. When he puts his name on the line, I try and hold up my end and strengthen both of our reputations. Professionalism and stability is what people look for in business, so that's the image I try to project.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My father in law is a Mormon bishop Democrat...so I get it a little. He isn't as connected in politics but a pretty big deal in business and in Dallas. Pics with Hilary Bill etc. He makes his position well known but doesn't bug me or my family. We are the black sheep.

my great uncle is orrin hatch ... i stay far away from them folks .