New tuning system.....

honduh

Reaction score
So what happens with a truck with full exhaust? Does it still regen and need DEF? How will the Dee-P-F clean itself? Will it be more frequent since more hp = more soot.

Stokt

Reaction score
So what happens with a truck with full exhaust? Does it still regen and need DEF? How will the Dee-P-F clean itself? Will it be more frequent since more hp = more soot.

A full exhaust will dee-leet the ***. No more regens and no need for DEF. This will require proper tuning for the truck to run without the ***.

honduh

Reaction score
My buddy is wanting to keep it all on. He knows someone that will honor his warranty if factory exhaust is kept on there. Will the truck basically work against itself with a factory exhaust as far as using more D-EF for regens and such?

14ccd

Reaction score
Is this new tuner like ******* where I have to put the *** on and stock tuning back in or can I just buy it and it overwrites what I have now?

Bullet 21

Reaction score
Is this new tuner like ******* where I have to put the *** on and stock tuning back in or can I just buy it and it overwrites what I have now?

I would think you would want to restore the ECU back to stock to remove whatever tuning you have installed now. And then flash the new tuning.

I don't see why you should have to reinstall the factory exhaust.

14ccd

Reaction score
That's the thing, I don't have my factory program anymore, my SCT X4 had a meltdown so i sent it back to SCT and they repaired it but also wiped it clean. All thats on it is two tunes from Mike.
******* wants the *** back on. I don't want the hassle of putting it back on, then going to the dealer to get it reflashed. I am not buying a ******* for that reason. I will stick with the x4, I just need better tunes.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Just to clarify, you do NOT have to re-install anything to switch to our device on 6.7L applications.

There appears to be some lack of clarity on our part internally; as this is only recommended by us with 6.4L applications, not 6.7L.

My apologies to anyone who was mistakenly told this concerning their 6.7L. It has been clarified with our sales and tech crew.

14ccd

Reaction score
Thanks for that clarification, that changes my plans a little. If I were to get a '15 turbo kit on my 14 truck, could you write a tune for that?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Thanks for that clarification, that changes my plans a little. If I were to get a '15 turbo kit on my 14 truck, could you write a tune for that?

Absolutely. Files for 15 turbo conversions will be provided free (we will have them available for download on our site shortly; I'm running couple of weeks behind in getting our tuning database up and running)

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
Just to clarify, you do NOT have to re-install anything to switch to our device on 6.7L applications.

There appears to be some lack of clarity on our part internally; as this is only recommended by us with 6.4L applications, not 6.7L.

My apologies to anyone who was mistakenly told this concerning their 6.7L. It has been clarified with our sales and tech crew.

Matt are you fully supported on the ez lynk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peont

Reaction score
Will someone be offering a monitoring device to use for gauges instead of using my iphone all the time that can be used with the tuning device? Also would the monitoring device have the ability to change the tunes instead of using just my iphone?

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Will someone be offering a monitoring device to use for gauges instead of using my iphone all the time that can be used with the tuning device? Also would the monitoring device have the ability to change the tunes instead of using just my iphone?

With EZLynk, the Apple (or soon, Android) device acts as the monitor. There isn't a stand alone unit.

If you are looking strictly for a stand-alone tuner/monitor, give No Limit a call about our nGauge or nDash devices.

peont

Reaction score
I see bluessmax says you can multiple tunes from multiple tuners for the ez lynk. So does that mean you can shift on the fly from say a **** race tune to a ******* race tune? Also how much would it run to purchase tunes from another tuner if you have an ez lynk with tunes already?

Last edited:

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I see bluessmax says you can multiple tunes from multiple tuners for the ez lynk. So does that mean you can shift on the fly from say a ppei race tune to a ******* race tune? Also how much would it run to purchase tunes from another tuner if you have an ez lynk with tunes already?

yes. but you will be looking in the $500 - $800 range for a tune package depending on the tuner .

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
I see bluessmax says you can multiple tunes from multiple tuners for the ez lynk. So does that mean you can shift on the fly from say a **** race tune to a ******* race tune? Also how much would it run to purchase tunes from another tuner if you have an ez lynk with tunes already?

To clarify, you wouldn't be able to switch between brands/vendors of tuning on the fly. You can switch between power settings of each brand/vendor on the fly.

Latest posts

Members online