New wheels and tires

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
you have motivated me to get off the BMF train. I can't afford them anyways. LOL love the stance bro

---
- Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk while smacking cummings owners in the 6 whore

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
I dont have to tell you what I think Jeremy. I am glad you finally got them. Im glad we spent the time at Rudys giving you a hard time about not going 12s. Peer pressure is a bitch. How many times have you tripped walking away from you truck because I bet you can't walk away without looking back at it.

jngreen

Reaction score
Yeah... I have been meaning to do that, but I just cant get myself motivated to deal with all the glue underneath LOL. Maybe when it's not so hot out. I could just paint it black I suppose.

Don't just paint them black. You should pull the molding off completely, I just did it to my black 2000.

I recommend doing it while it is hot outside, and do it in the sunlight with a heat gun, if you understand what I'm telling you.

I did mine in a cool shop with a heat gun and it sucked trying to get all of the tape and glue off. I used fishing line to "cut" the tape and it worked well, but it was a fine line finding the correct temperature for it to make a clean "cut". Too hot resulted in a fishing line that is melted in two pieces, and too cold meant that it took a lot of effort to cut through the double sided tape and also resulted in a piece of fishing line in two pieces because it would break. Sunlight and hot temperature outside would really help make the job go easier, even though you are going to sweat your ass off.

It helps to have a good friend provide a hand. In my case, he held the heat gun and pulled lightly on the molding while I "sawed" the fishing line into the tape.

Overall, I am very happy with how it came out. It was a pain, but I'm so glad I did it. Definately worth it.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
I dont have to tell you what I think Jeremy. I am glad you finally got them. Im glad we spent the time at Rudys giving you a hard time about not going 12s. Peer pressure is a bitch. How many times have you tripped walking away from you truck because I bet you can't walk away without looking back at it.

LOL. I thought about starting this thread with the title "Daryl, Gabe, and Brian are a terrible influence". But I really am happy I went with the 12 wides.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
just make sure you dont get lazy and yank the moulding off. youll pull the clear coat right off. take your time, "saw" the molding off, then get a eraser wheel to remove the adhesive.

jngreen

Reaction score
just make sure you dont get lazy and yank the moulding off. youll pull the clear coat right off. take your time, "saw" the molding off, then get a eraser wheel to remove the adhesive.

Yep, I agree. Although, I didn't use an eraser wheel because I couldn't find one locally at the last minute. I wish I would have, but it works fine without one. I just used my fingers to push the tape around until it fell off, and then I used some spray can 3M adhesive remover and some Goo Gone to rub the rest off with a rag. There were some lines left from the tape but I used some Turtle Wax Polishing compound to clean the stuff up that the other products left behind.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
When I removed my molding, it took paint down to metal I. A couple spots. You could see where the paint had bubbled behind the molding.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.