Next Project...?

Cfox17

Reaction score
Hey guys, well I just installed a 5" exhaust, mini maxx, air intake, and EGR delete about two weeks ago. I'm sitting on 35" tires and 18" rims, and I've plastidipped my side logos. I was wondering what my next project should be? I have about $500-700 to blow and I was looking at maybe a bull bar, headlights, or LED light bar. Just wanted some ideas or input. Thanks

DWhite

Reaction score
I would say save it or do a lift pump. The stock filtration sucks to say the least and It would supply enough fuel to keep the hpfp happy. Depends on how lucky you feel and how good you feel about your truck. Not trying to be negative but I've seen a few people lately cracking pistons. So saving it might also be wise. But that is what I would do.

Run a fuel lab.

Cfox17

Reaction score
I would save it, but most of it is on a gift card from the site I bought my stuff from so I cannot use it like at a dealership or shop to do work or anything. I just did not know if there was anything around that range that would be a good investment. It seems like anything else performance wise is a couple thousand, like single turbo or head studs, etc.

I have read a lot about tractions bars and stopping axle wrap, would that be something that would be beneficial to me since I am running 35s? I use my truck as a DD, mostly empty, but do occasionly tow a 40 ft camper during the summer.

Has anyone heard of Flight Fabrications? I know OUO and PMF seem to be the go to companies, but FF was going to powder coat me a set in orange with white LEDs. I am big Tennessee Vols fan, so thought that would look amazing. My truck is white, with black rims.

Rubenk

Reaction score
I would save it, but most of it is on a gift card from the site I bought my stuff from so I cannot use it like at a dealership or shop to do work or anything. I just did not know if there was anything around that range that would be a good investment. It seems like anything else performance wise is a couple thousand, like single turbo or head studs, etc.

I have read a lot about tractions bars and stopping axle wrap, would that be something that would be beneficial to me since I am running 35s? I use my truck as a DD, mostly empty, but do occasionly tow a 40 ft camper during the summer.

Has anyone heard of Flight Fabrications? I know OUO and PMF seem to be the go to companies, but FF was going to powder coat me a set in orange with white LEDs. I am big Tennessee Vols fan, so thought that would look amazing. My truck is white, with black rims.

Flight fab is a reputable bar builder to go with as well. I'd recommend traction bars for sure. I'm on 285-70/17s(32") and they made a noticable improvement.

Otherwise you could do more paint matching, upgrade stereo, sound deadening, window tint(maybe not with gift card), or a tire(maybe two).

Or buy 500$ worth of oil, oil filters, and fuel filters lol.

swinky

Reaction score

Go vols
cfa2122deac820fc49eee8c819e6e135.jpg

Cfox17

Reaction score
Yes sir! I went to undergrad there, many many great memories at UT! Proud Alum!

I saw their orange, and its a pretty good color, I just do not want it to stick out like a sore thumb or look out of place, obviously it will draw attention, but do you guys think orange bars would look good under a white truck? Just have black rims, and chrome accents (bumpers, side steps, etc.). Was going to have them engrave "VOLS" and light up white.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Yes sir! I went to undergrad there, many many great memories at UT! Proud Alum!

I saw their orange, and its a pretty good color, I just do not want it to stick out like a sore thumb or look out of place, obviously it will draw attention, but do you guys think orange bars would look good under a white truck? Just have black rims, and chrome accents (bumpers, side steps, etc.). Was going to have them engrave "VOLS" and light up white.

Orange bars on a white truck isn't my style, but ultimately it comes down to what you want and like.

I was in Bristol over the weekend and the whole town has gone crazy for the Battle at Bristol. Never thought I'd see a countdown clock in the middle of town for a game next year! Lol Go Vols!

compoundturbo373

Reaction score
i built my set of traction bars for around 500 bucks 2inch quarted wall tubing with heavy duty heims probably over kill but i doubt ill ever break them

Cfox17

Reaction score
Well I talked to the company my gift card is through and they over Flight Fabrication traction bars so I think I am going to grab me a set, and a black studded grille from Royalty Core. I was looking at a Road Armor front bumper, but I just cannot justify the price of those things for how I use my truck.

Only things to decide now are the powder coat color, and to get the LED lights or not. I was thinking, like I mentioned, orange with white LED, or being safe and just going black with orange LED. Are there any other colors you guys noticed that look good under white?

Also, I included a picture of my truck and the grille I was thinking about too, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• Grille.JPG
    Grille.JPG
    216.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online