Next step

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I am adding to my current set up air dog and upgrade, ported rails, and intake. Seems like me and half the people on here are trying to figure out what to do for injectors.

Maybe a stupid question. But how much power should I expect to gain out of a set of 60hp or 30% nozzles? And how do you decide what is too much?

Next question.

Say I was to go to larger nozzles, say 60% and had a tune made to run them with the stock HPFP. Would there be any downside to doing that? Trying to plan for next year when I decide I need bigger turbos and dual fuelers...

EvilTwins

Reaction score
After speaking to Sean I'm probably going to go with a FASS pump and run that directly into the HPFP using a delete kit.

I have heard some re-occurring issues with ported rails and despite the issues being intermittent I don't see the cost to gain being worth it.

It was my understanding that a lot of guys are having good reliable results with the air dog/FASS and fuel bowl delete. As for the nozzles I'm at a complete loss, can't help ya there.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Our 60hp nozzles are about 15% and it seems like they will only maintain if you have a pretty fresh stock pump. After a few miles, they start losing rail pressure. The biggest I would go would be 60's.

With the little bit larger nozzle and a little less pulse width, you will make more power than with the stock nozzles.

For an example, say your truck makes X horsepower on the 310 tune at 2.29 pulse width.
With say, 2.0 pulse width (or whatever the pump will maintain 60's with) should make more power purely because it can empty the injector quicker.

Latest posts

Members online