******* Ngauge

DieselDog

Reaction score
Good morning to all.
I own a 2012 F-250 6.7L Powerstroke, I worked on Powerstroke's for over 20 years everyday since I started turning wrenches. I previously ran H&S high sulfur mini Maxx it was great but since they no longer in business I chose to change to new company not that I didn't like H&S but ******* now has the SOTF option so I thought this could be a great programmer now. I am starting to get buyers remorse.
I purchased a ******* Ngauge with SOTF option. I've down loaded license and the 4 new sotf tunes. Concern I am having is there is no EGT monitors that are accurate I have tried all EGRT & EGT'S signals none off them read accurate the ones that are unplugged read over 65k degrees and others just read 650 degrees. EGRT12 is the only one that reads but is not accurate at idle it goes -30 under accel 90 degrees yes I have swapped factory EGT sensor from down stream exhaust no change most of the other PIDS signals are incorrect readings or inoperative completely for example ECT2 -35 all times FRP 28000 plus psi all times this is just a couple of examples there is many others.
Also have concern with tunes when downloading normal 200hp quick response transmission shift beautiful but when downloading 200hp quick response SOTF tune transmission shift is horrible 35mph shift 5 gear and does not down shift until almost WOT tune is holding to high of gear. I am running *** off tunes when attempting to return PCM back to stock program there is no file under stock. I have contacted ******* via email they are short with you and no help so far seems they don't want anything to do with customers once product has been purchased.
Has anybody else run into this concern or possible found a resolution for EGT and other accurate readings? Has anybody run into transmission shift quality with SOTF software? Or come across good Ngauge instruction on how to setup vehicle with *** off better description on what PIDS actually work with the 6.7 powerstroke instead of generic pids that are preloaded with descriptions on the ngauge?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cappa

Reaction score
There was a post recently from them in the spar tan ngauge users thread. Sounds like they had an update that just released that might help. Read that thread. Then send them a request via email for the update and see if it helps any.

redneck1

Reaction score
******* nGauge Users

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=74412&share_fid=24581&share_type=t

Towards the end of this thread, Jeff posted that the update was working on one 2012 truck. But you'll have have to email spar tan for the update file, as I believe it's still in beta testing.

Sorry cappa, just basically copied what you said. Just trying to clarify it. I have had good luck with getting a hold of spar tan, but I usually just email them.

Last edited:

DieselDog

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses I checked out the forum and emailed Jeff he emailed me the update firmware and it works great. It fixed the Inaccurate PID readings. As for transmission shift concern with the SOTF still working on it. Updated firmware for the NGAUGE is great new gauge options now has gauge scaling option plus other available PIDS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online