NHRDA opens 2014 in Fomoso

SteveBricks

Reaction score
I broke out .002 in the Sportsman final, but I would have lost anyway...Calhoun had me tree'd by .02 and he ran dead on his dial. It was still a good event despite the low truck count in PS & PStk. The Pro Mods were awesome to watch.

JDub

Reaction score
I thought it was a great show, awesome crowd turn out. In talking with some of the crews their and Randy, there were a lot of the faster dedicated racers that just hadn't got their trucks together and running in time.

Banks hyrdolocked their dragster Tuesday night. Rob was rewiring maxd out this week and couldn't get it to fire up. the super street class was pretty strong, lots of fast rigs. triple turbo duramax won it in the finals with a 9.37 against buckwheat, who had been running consistent 9.80s all day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

old man dave

Reaction score
The TV guys had the videos posted by midnight Sat. They are here in the SouthWest Area section. Got there by 9:30am and stayed until almost 10pm.

alradco

Reaction score
I took my sons and we had a great time. There were some seriously impressive trucks.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
We thought it was a pretty darn good turnout for the first time at that track. It usually takes a few years for each event to get traction and build up...I wouldn't be disappointed with Bakersfield 2014 if I was the NHRDA.

3 trucks in Pro Street was a bummer. Me getting 2nd place in Pro Street, after going out in first round against Vollmer, is something to laugh about, but certainly nothing to brag about. Not really sure where my problem is right now. Unloaded the truck today and drove it around and it is certainly not acting normal. Trans will be going to JW to be checked, TC will get sent back to SunCoast to be cut open and checked, and we will look everything else over closely. We did notice a very significant exhaust leak we never had before...when does it end?

All in all, we had a great time, saw friends we seem to only get to see at the track, watched some cool trucks (including a number of customers in the Sportsman category) having a good time and making good passes. Hard to beat a day at the track like that! I did leave with serious thoughts about the direction I'm going with my truck, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

Latest posts

Members online