Nitrous help

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
Ok so my nx kit came with -4 line and -6 fittings...so now i have to scramble to get either reduced fittings or a custom line made to run my kit on Saturday. Totally blows but I guess that's what happens when you wait till the last minute before a dyno event. If I get all my ducks in a row I will report back with numbers.

Monster Stroke

Reaction score
What kit did you go with? I can't wait to see the results!!

I ordered the nitrous express kit, dual stage with the progressive controller... guess we'll see next week what happens lol

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yes, thats a pretty big stage, it was a .157 solenoid, no wot switch, just my hand which is fine by me, upfitter switch for arming and i purged the line with a wrench. Put down 630 fuel only with stock inj and pump with lp fuel sys and a s472 single. put down 947 on that one large stage, i usually get the truck to about 20psi wot on the dyno before spraying it

This is some good info, with info on the setup with fuel only and nitrous numbers to show results with the set up he has.... there has to be more of you with info to share. Esp some of you big single guys. Lets hear it, this might be one of the first really informative 6.4 nitrous threads, which is good because obviously these trucks respond very well to nitrous

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Also for the track using a 30 jet to spool works very well. Just hold ot down and it should spool right up. I know a lot of the dodge guys that do that. I used to use a .137 on a wot and another 137 once it hit second with the stock turbos. I'll get Vids of that

Sent by my Nexus powered by this (╯°□°)╯

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
The fastest 1/8 the mile was 7.55@93. No 1/4 mile passes

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Still stock turbos 150hp nozzles with stage 1 hpfp, didnt hold rp but still trapped 122, just a bit of wheel hop off the launch
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

78f100

Reaction score
Stock fuel s472 on spray, hitting it in second
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Look at the google ad at the bottom Diesel fumes and cancer, Mike your getting sued after that pass you gave it to everyone on the right...lol
I just watched it again and its gone but I swear it was there, made me laugh! that thing hauls!

Last edited:

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Lol built trans was the only thing stock bolts egr intact

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
What kit did you go with? I can't wait to see the results!!

I ordered the nitrous express kit, dual stage with the progressive controller... guess we'll see next week what happens lol

I went with nitrous express kit 12001. I think it is the biggest kit they have..125 solenoid. Im going to run the biggest jet in the kit .110

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
so does having a .125 seleniod mean you can only run up to a 125 jet? .... obviously ive never ran nitrous before, lol.

Yep. And usually the crimp of the line will dictate jet max. -4 is about .120-.130 depending on the crimp.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Right and -3 is only about .73

You can usually still see a slight gain by using say a 90 jet in a line that only flows .073 but its not much.

I used to run a .073, .078, .078 on three stages and two bottles in my crew cab...I always thought three small stages would be easier in things than one massive stage

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online