Nitto Trail Grappler M/T

stevens6.7

Reaction score
This may not be the correct section but has anyone had any issues running this tire on their truck? Discount tire refuses to sell this tire to me because it doesn't meet load rating. Factory tire has a load rating of 125 and this tire has a load rating of 123. I see plenty of guys running them here but I don't know what gives. For what it's worth I ordered a 35X 12.50X18 for stock wheels.

Lilsmoky11

Reaction score
Alot of places won't sell a tire if it doesn't meet the truck rating. If you could find them with the E rating I'd say they would probably sell them to you.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Alot of places won't sell a tire if it doesn't meet the truck rating. If you could find them with the E rating I'd say they would probably sell them to you.
These do have the E rating but discount is saying it's only at 65lbs which is why they won't sell them to me.
numerous people run the E rated Trail Grapps with no problem

That's what I thought. I just went through the Leveled Super Duty thread and saw a few guys running them.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
So I've also been wondering what the difference is myself in the E rated tires that are only 65 psi vs the ones rated at 80 psi. I've ran both but what's the deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Your discount tire must be picky about that because that's one of the most popular tire aside from Toyo MT that's came about around here when Discount Tire came into town. I had them on my 08 and hated them personally, they wore like dog crap and were at 20% thread in 20k. These were a 37x12.50x20. Rotated between every oil change (3,000 mi generally). Decent traction on snow and mud, but I liked my Toyo MT's WAY better. The new Nitto Exo Grappler I've been impressed with lately along with the Toyo R/T.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Your discount tire must be picky about that because that's one of the most popular tire aside from Toyo MT that's came about around here when Discount Tire came into town. I had them on my 08 and hated them personally, they wore like dog crap and were at 20% thread in 20k. These were a 37x12.50x20. Rotated between every oil change (3,000 mi generally). Decent traction on snow and mud, but I liked my Toyo MT's WAY better. The new Nitto Exo Grappler I've been impressed with lately along with the Toyo R/T.

Well not only is it my Discount tire but also Discount Direct. They require vehicle information and was told they review the tire before shipping it. I have a feeling someone messed up sued Discount and now they are being super careful. I hadn't had any issues like this before.

I hope these tires last as my stock tires only lasted a little over 27K miles. Should I run these tires at 65psi or like 45psi?

stevens6.7

Reaction score
They also will not install a 12.50 wide on a stock rim either.

Yeah I found that out as well. Like I said, I believe something happened because it was not an issue a few years ago. Heck the manager even told they use to install 12.50's on stock wheels all the time but can't now.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Well not only is it my Discount tire but also Discount Direct. They require vehicle information and was told they review the tire before shipping it. I have a feeling someone messed up sued Discount and now they are being super careful. I hadn't had any issues like this before.

I hope these tires last as my stock tires only lasted a little over 27K miles. Should I run these tires at 65psi or like 45psi?

Ahh I see. yeah this was a few years ago.

All honestly, I never could get the 'right' psi. I've always ran 40-45 unless I'm towing. Even in the winter, ran around there depending on the load. My ATM's love it there, and so did my toyo MT's.

doo dah

Reaction score
Had the same experience. Had a 35x12.50x20 Atturo I needed mounted to new a rim and they wouldn't even touch it. I now have 37x13.50x20 Trail Grappler M/T I bought from Discount because it meets the load rating. Go figure.........Only have a few thousand miles but so far they are ok. Much quieter than I expected.

jaynick1

Reaction score
Running the e rated on mine. No issues besides they run like a stiff mud tire. Noise after 10k is a little bit louder than i expected but its not bad. Will probably get something less agressive for my next tires.

PDP

Reaction score
I am looking at the Toyo RTs, I hate the Nitto MTs on mine, haven't worn for ****. My dad had the same issue. Toyo for me...

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Well I ordered them on discount directs site but used a 1/2 ton model to order the tires LOL! Hopefully the reviews about them wearing bad isn't completely true!

Koda22

Reaction score
I loved mine wish I would have gotten them again....I got close to 40k on mine....and they did great with pretty much everything I put them through....

Latest posts

Members online