Nitto Trail Grapplers

junglejoe

Reaction score
I just bought a new set of 35/12.50/20 Nittos... They say the tires have to break in?? When did this chit start that you have to break in tires?

Well here is the deal.. I have about 150 miles on them,give or take. The SOB'S make my truck feel like all tires have about 20psi in them. The truck is swaying all over the highway. They played with air pressure at 65psi and 70psi and 75 psi, no change!! They have until Monday for this "break in" and then those ragged sobs are coming off and Ill go to a much safer tire!!

bhudson

Reaction score
The last time I had a set of those, I didn't have any problems with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Try taking some air out, maybe try 45 psi. If you just came off a set of well used tires, new tires in general feel that way, and even more so with a lug tire aired up. Better yet do the chalk test to make sure you're not overly applying force down the center of the tire .

Edit: how wide are your wheels?

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
That lasts about 1-200 miles. All mud terrains do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koda22

Reaction score
Yep like said above, they feel that way for awhile and it's even more noticeable if your old tires were kinda shot

junglejoe

Reaction score
Wheels are 20x10.. I have about 150 miles on them and it is flat out DANGEROUS!! Ill lower the tire pressure to 45psi and report back later.. Thanks fellas!

Stokt

Reaction score
I had those tires on my old truck and they did feel a little squirrely at first but it went away pretty quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

nrd10

Reaction score
My 35 12.50 toyo ats are doing this as well. How do you fix this? Like said above they feel extremely unsafe

1800bigk

Reaction score
Are these tires quiet like stock? Been looking at them just wondering if noisy

Koda22

Reaction score
they are not super loud, but they are louder then the stock tires.....If I need or when I need a new set I will be going back to the nittos

junglejoe

Reaction score
Well I haven't been able to drive the truck any more because the rear leaf springs got messed up on the lift when ordered. So ill know Friday. They did say the find a front sway bar bushing bad and I said that's not the problem.

My brother just got 37's from this same shop and I asked him and he said his done this at first and he believes it went away.
I called Nittos and they said to lower the tire pressure as well. And to the person asking if they are loud, I would say yes. I had Mucky Thomson's ATZ's and I wish I would have went back with them. I will next time!! The Nittos are WAY louder!

ironj

Reaction score
I am on my second set of trail graps on the srw....35x12.5x20 on bmf 20x10...

I didn't really notice a break in period nor have tracking issues...truck is on 2.5 level on front and +1" blocks on rear..

It did pull to left after lift and had to be re aligned...

Tires have a lil hum but nowhere near as bad as a big lug hardcore mud tires.

One of my employees just put Ridge grapplers on his 250....if I had to do it again I would have got those...super nice riding and looking tire!!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

junglejoe

Reaction score
Little small update on my tires... I have about 365 miles on them since they lowered the air pressure from 75psi to 55psi.. They seem to be getting a little better. I'm just not sure about this BS. I'm going to go drive today because I'm off work and really feel these tires. I have a total of 600 probably on them and the sway is defiantly tires related .The tech even drove the truck and said "the tires have not broke in yet" Anyhow, just wanted to update and let you guys know what's happening..
If todayntheyndont stop swaying.. They are coming off the truck and I'm going back to Mickey Thompson.

Last edited:

junglejoe

Reaction score
I am on my second set of trail graps on the srw....35x12.5x20 on bmf 20x10...

I didn't really notice a break in period nor have tracking issues...truck is on 2.5 level on front and +1" blocks on rear..

It did pull to left after lift and had to be re aligned...

Tires have a lil hum but nowhere near as bad as a big lug hardcore mud tires.

One of my employees just put Ridge grapplers on his 250....if I had to do it again I would have got those...super nice riding and looking tire!!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish
See.. You're. On your 2nd set with same size wheel as mine.. Fugg this chit!! I'm going back to the tire store as soon as they open this morning..which is about an hour.

sootie

Reaction score
i just put trails on my truck last week and experience the same thing you do. Takes a bit of getting used to or else it can get dangerous.

junglejoe

Reaction score
i just put trails on my truck last week and experience the same thing you do. Takes a bit of getting used to or else it can get dangerous.
Yes Sootie,VERY dangerous! I told the tire dude that if your average mf'er was driving this truck he would have wrecked it possibly got killed!! I personally want use them again.

Last edited:

junglejoe

Reaction score
Drove around yesterday treating the truck like a race car(at slow speeds) warming the tires up like I'm about to qualify for the Dayrona 500!! Again.. This swaying seems to be getting ok or I'm use to it. With that being said, personally, Ill never use these tires again.The sway is there still. No doubt about that! Are the tires "broke in enough" that I think it will stop? "No"

Latest posts

Members online