No boost

Lyrch

Reaction score
2003 f250. 6.0 I put on a new oil cooler, egr delete, & delta kit today. I have either a exhaust leak or intake leak now. I can hear it but can't tell where it's coming from. My gauge is showing no boost, I can hear the turbo whin a little not very loud though. It starts and runs fine just no boost. Where should I start looking? I checked my inter cooler pipes they all seem good. Is there a easy way to find the problem? It's dark I can't see anything with my lights, and I need my truck for work tomorrow. Thanks for any help.

ghohouston

Reaction score
You didnt get the turbo mated all the way to the up pipe collector. take the v band clamp back off, take all 3 turbo bolts loose, unclamp the down pipe, and get the turbo back in the right way. you need to loosen the new up pipe to manifold bolts too. set the turbo, get everything back together on top of the motor, then go tighten down the up pipe to manifold bolts.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Make sure the turbo is properly seated to the uppipes. You can reach around the turbo when the engine is running and still cold and try to feel for the exhaust leaking out.

ghohouston

Reaction score
and of course, check the up pipe collector to turbo connection with a mirror and flashlight before taking it all apart, but i can almost bet money that is your problem

ghohouston

Reaction score
i dont think you can screw up doing intake gaskets on a 6.0. the bolts wont be able to thread into the heads if the gasket is pushed towards the head, and if theyre pushed towards the valley, you can clearly see it.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
i dont think you can screw up doing intake gaskets on a 6.0. the bolts wont be able to thread into the heads if the gasket is pushed towards the head, and if theyre pushed towards the valley, you can clearly see it.

I've seen it before. People don't fully remove the intake manifold to install the delete, sealing surfaces do not get cleaned, and a piece of dirt or other debris gets between the gasket and the surface. This creates one hell of a boost leak.

Lyrch

Reaction score
It sounds like it's the up pipes to turbo. They went together real easy. Looked good from the front. I almost checked it with a mirror to make sure. Guess I should have. I don't think it's the intake. I took it all the way and cleaned it up, that thing was nasty.

Lyrch

Reaction score
Redone the up pipe. Don't hear an exhaust leak anymore. I hear the turbo good when driving down the road. The gauge still isn't showing any boost must be a loose plug somewhere. Something still don't feel right. When I floor the skinny down, it doesn't want to come out of gear until it winds all the way up. It don't feel like it has a whole lot of power, but I have it on stock tune.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Depending on your pcm calibration if you disconnected batteries or cleared codes you will have to do a vgt relearn. That can cause a lack of power if not done

Lyrch

Reaction score
I put the edge back on stock tune. I dug around under the hood and found I left off a hose on the intake. It runs right now. I went to put my tune back on but the edge says the file is missing that I need to update. I'll save that for later, at least it runs now. Thanks for all the help and suggestions to get my truck back going.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I put the edge back on stock tune. I dug around under the hood and found I left off a hose on the intake. It runs right now. I went to put my tune back on but the edge says the file is missing that I need to update. I'll save that for later, at least it runs now. Thanks for all the help and suggestions to get my truck back going.
That's the MAP line, what I said it probably was 3 days ago on Compd.... good to hear you got it figured out though!

Lyrch

Reaction score
I'm not on Compd and I just started working on the truck yesterday, but I'm glad everyone pointed me in the right direction. Thanks to all. I thing I'm going to do the VGT relearn tomorrow.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I'm not on Compd and I just started working on the truck yesterday, but I'm glad everyone pointed me in the right direction. Thanks to all. I thing I'm going to do the VGT relearn tomorrow.

Ah my bad, I didn't bother to go back n check to make sure it was the same guy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.