No limit 6.7 filter install?

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I installed my no limit filter ,but the MAF sensor is laying on the AC line.Ive adjusted it the best I can,but got a bad feeling,it's going to break the sensor wiring.Is the filter supposed to be hanging in mid air???.I just wish I had a picture of where the filter is supposed to be positioned when mounted correctly ,This unit has NO support....

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Not sure how they are built now, mine came with a brace that went down to a grommet hole for the stock box. I ended up drilling/tapping out the post, placed it under the factory bracket and then bolted it in. Doing this helped hold the entire unit down away from the hood. This photo shows the brace before I modified it.

imagejpg5_zps76adc6b6.png

trugertha

Reaction score
Talk to Mike he's good people and will get you fixed up. Or you can grab a piece of flat stock and make one. Out of all the junky parts I bought the no limit intake was defiantly not one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wjamesm

Reaction score
I wonder if the bracket is part of the older kits . I just got mine last week and there's no bracket like that in mine . Seams like there should be some kind of support for the tube like in the pics .

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
I wonder if the bracket is part of the older kits . I just got mine last week and there's no bracket like that in mine . Seams like there should be some kind of support for the tube like in the pics .

Yes,but if you say anything about a No Limit product ,even if it's the fact,you'll be criticized on here.....

wjamesm

Reaction score
Yes,but if you say anything about a No Limit product ,even if it's the fact,you'll be criticized on here.....

I know what you mean . even if you aren't trying to be critical people just take it that way automatically . I have nothing bad to say about mike and his company , He was great to deal with on the phone and hooked me up with my intake and mini maxx unlock code . Hopefully he will read this post or his new hire will and we can get an answer on this .

jwalk09

Reaction score
Mine didn't come with a bracket either. Wish it did though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Before I reinstall,I'll have to something to remedy .The MAF would be safer on top of pipe also .

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
The support bracket came on the earlier units. OP can you post a pic of your MAF wires on the A/C line? I haven't ran into one with that problem on any installs yet.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No,mine didn't come line that,I guess for $400,they needed to cut corners ....

Not the case at all , customers have a HARDER time installing with a brace. Because not every cab is set identically on the frame so trying to adjust to fit became a big hassle. The brace made virtually no difference Except for the dual fueled guys. But thanks for the kind words.

I've been on vacation so I've been trying to avoid this place , but yeah as I said , it's not needed. Let me know if I can help you out buddy !

Sportchassis06

Reaction score
Ty for your response ,I'm not personally bashing you,I just wanted not to have to worry about the MAF sensor rubbing on the AC line.I love your intercooler .I guess I expected a more secure filter .

1stock13

Reaction score
Mine didn't come with the bracket and rubs my hood, I'm sort of right there with you. For 400.00 I was hoping for a lot more....

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine didn't come with the bracket and rubs my hood, I'm sort of right there with you. For 400.00 I was hoping for a lot more....

Did you not receive everything in the picture of the product ? The bracket would have nothing to do with rubbing the hood. That's typically installer error unless a tube is cut long. Please give us a call if your kit is missing an item!

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Tips for installing:
1) Position the MAF location at the 6 o'clock and adjust clocking from there for clearance. That OEM connector isn't the best for fit but can clear the AC line.
2) Variances in how far you push the filter onto the tube, and the NL tube onto the OEM intake can make a huge difference in where everything lines up.
3) Using any sort of paste/gel can help you adjust the intake from hitting the hood. Think of using toothpaste. Run a bead of grease along the top of the tube and boot. Shut the hood. Open and inspect. This will "mark" the hood where you have contact if any. The tube and boot will not necessarily line up just like anyone else. I found that the boot tends to have the NL logo facing upwards a tad with the tube elbow clocked just a tad off from center.

I have experienced your pain but overcome the issues with good reasonable effort. If need be I can get pics of how mine is set. Just ask.

Latest posts

Members online