No Limit 6.7 Intercooler Testing

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Very nice, looks like it should be in a display case, too clean to mount!!

Keith

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Got the intercooler tested on a superflow 1020 flow bench , and the numbers are pretty definitive, and all the great response and feed back i have gotten is making more sense.

core size

stock - 6.0" x 10.0" x 4.0"
No Limit - 11.0" x 6.0" x 5.5"

core volume

stock - 240.0 cubic inches
No Limit - 363.0 cubic inches /+ 123.0 cid over stock or 51% over stock

Flow Rates as tested on the bench in cubic feet per min or CFM -

stock - 370 cfm
No Limit - 488 cfm /+ 118 cfm over stock or 32% over stock

so far all the feed back i have gotten is less smoke, quicker spool, lower temps and better throttle response.

dseitler

Reaction score
Throttle response is noticeable instantly. Almost like you bumped your tune up a notch. Never realized how restrictive the stock Intercooler was till I put pressure sensor on both sides of the cooler. When we installed the No Limit Intercooler the pressure was equal on both sides or unmeasurable even while towing. Highly recommended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Throttle response is noticeable instantly. Almost like you bumped your tune up a notch. Never realized how restrictive the stock Intercooler was till I put pressure sensor on both sides of the cooler. When we installed the No Limit Intercooler the pressure was equal on both sides or unmeasurable even while towing. Highly recommended.

sounds about right. thanks for testing it .

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Mike, you make to much cool stuff that I want. BTW got that blue boot in the mail just when I had convinced myself I was happy with all the black accents, now I don't know what to use LOL

higherlife

Reaction score

An intercooler delivering more throttle response??? Please elaborate. I've read bigpowrs numbers on flow but am curious about this.

dseitler

Reaction score
Less restrictive so the air flows quicker from the Turbo to the intake manifold and into the cylinder heads without being held up in the cooler.

Jomax

Reaction score
Mike could you pm me price on one? Would this void warranty?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Less restrictive so the air flows quicker from the Turbo to the intake manifold and into the cylinder heads without being held up in the cooler.

I will say that on a bone stock truck it gained exactly 1 mpg.

VetteD_SiN

Reaction score
bigrpower: sorry if it was mentioned before. will this work on a stock (with the exception of an afe momentum hd intake) 15, no tune? im interested, but dont have any desire to tune or delete till my warranty runs out. just trying to play it safe since this is my first diesel.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
bigrpower: sorry if it was mentioned before. will this work on a stock (with the exception of an afe momentum hd intake) 15, no tune? im interested, but dont have any desire to tune or delete till my warranty runs out. just trying to play it safe since this is my first diesel.

yep, its a complete factory replacement. there is a good chance you will see mpg gain as well .

Latest posts

Members online