No Limit Air Intake !!!!!

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
"that a closed air box for all out daily driving use is much better then an open one."
Why? I dont daily drive through mud, water, dust storms. You are crawfishing pretty fast.

Dalpilot

Reaction score
I always find it funny when a person questions someones intelligence and yet has no idea how to punctuate, capitalize or use proper grammar. The fact he has no ****kin clue what he is talking about only adds to the humor.

Reaction score
Charles, your grammar and writing ability is not even close to that of a fifth grader. So I don't think you should be so quick to be making fun of anyone's intelligence level.

Mike, did you go back to your older style smooth boot? I saw the picture of the OPs intake and I have a different boot than him. I got mine back in December and it has ridges on it. Any advantage or disadvantage to either of these boots? Mostly I'm refering to durability and fitment of the intake. I know mine was pretty tough to get situated correctly with the boot I have. But other than that, I'm still loving it!!

dsmracing1

Reaction score
powerstroke racer is either really enjoying all of this activity on his thread or is getting fed up with all the email and notification updates from everybody taking a punch at Charles lol.

08RED4x4

Reaction score
All the airplane manufacturers are going to start adding closed intakes to their next gen jets.

747_baggage_container_2.jpg

That's HILLARIOUS!!!

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hello grammar patrol,i had wondered where you pansies were at.

I wonder how all those automotive engineers got it so wrong for so long?
I see people with race trucks huffing and puffing,pull your mouth off the pipe long enough to understand its not concerning the trailer queens of the world.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Hello grammar patrol,i had wondered where you pansies were at.

I wonder how all those automotive engineers got it so wrong for so long?

I see people with race trucks huffing and puffing,pull your mouth off the pipe long enough to understand its not concerning the trailer queens of the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f3502wd

Reaction score
Im sorry but I just read some if this:popcorn: At first when this came out I thought the same thing. But then I sat back and thought.....when I had my Expedition it had an open K&N intake, when I had my G37 it had an open Top Secret Japan intake witch were duals, when I had my 04 Cobra it had an open Steeda intake, and now I have my Fox body with another open intake. So now Im regretting buying my S&b lol!

Dirty_Stroke

Reaction score
Would you notice any gains at all on an otherwise stock truck? Just curious. Mines not even tuned yet, just thinking I could go on and put an intake since it's a mod I will be doing eventually.

f3502wd

Reaction score
My b!tch is that since its an open filter supposedly the turbo whistles louder. I want that.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I ran it before tunes were out for the 15s. I actually could feel a difference and also less regens, I'm guessing do to more air and burning cleaner. Tuned proves this, stock intake on performance tune, the truck smokes quite a bit, no limit intake on performance and not even a haze hardly! You CANNOT go wrong with this intake!

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
The stupidness in this thread is why I quit posting or discussing anything remotely technical on any forum.

"IF" we all listened to engineers we would all be driving some lame powered Yugo mobile, but Some of us think outside the box.

Dynos are ok for testing and selling parts but they don't duplicate how a streetable vehicle operates in real life. Back in the dinosaur days we had an AFE stage 1 and it worked pretty well on our 7.3's and we could actually make decent power 450 or so with Mini Me's and a ball bearing turbo, then the AFE stage 2 came out and while our measured horsepower did not come up, the hp and torque curve came up drastically, now in street terminology we went from barking 2nd gear to lighting the tires thru second gear and chirping 3rd, so much for a big power gain from an open filter.

Now Amandas 15 with Erics tuning and stock air box would spin the tires thru 1st gear and into second while chirping 3rd, now after installing the No limit air intake we see the same results we did back then, tires light all the way thru 3rd gear, when doing 45mph or so and you nail the throttle the trans down shifts and the tires light up. So long story short either Mikey is ganna buy me a set of rear tires or I am taking the intake off and throwing it away as I need cut tractor tires for my Samurai instead of spending money on tires for the wifes truck.

MikeH

Reaction score
I just wasted about 15 minutes of my time reading this...LOL

No doubt, me too. Wish the hijacker talk could be muted. Was much more interested in understanding more about the product and the pros / cons of adding. Maybe the OP could start a new thread and have everyone ignore the noise. I for one am interested but want to hear more about why I wasted my $$$ on the S&B I just put on.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No doubt, me too. Wish the hijacker talk could be muted. Was much more interested in understanding more about the product and the pros / cons of adding. Maybe the OP could start a new thread and have everyone ignore the noise. I for one am interested but want to hear more about why I wasted my $$$ on the S&B I just put on.

the bottom line, despite the village idiot , is that the flow increase is substantial , in turn making the truck behave substantially more efficient in the most common of driving rpm's . the result is, increased fuel mileage, much better throttle response, and ,much better performance in every area of the rpm range , than the afe or the s&b intakes. the down fall is , that it's made in America, looks much better, has a longer cleaning interval, and takes a total of 15 minutes to install . its a total bummer and I'm sure the ford engineers are cringing at it's inefficient nature.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
a simple water column test(not filter minder) before and after filter assembly swap would put anybody's poo in the toilet, clean... Charmin clean with itchy butt insurance.

It really is simple physics... more filter surface area = less restriction.

Manometer anyone? Ive got 3 floppin' around somewhere.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
a simple water column test(not filter minder) before and after filter assembly swap would put anybody's poo in the toilet, clean... Charmin clean with itchy butt insurance.

It really is simple physics... more filter surface area = less restriction.

Manometer anyone? Ive got 3 floppin' around somewhere.
not to many guys have the luxury of doing tests like that..
all most of us can go off of is the minder...
does a tuned and deleted truck pull the minder with the stock airbox?

bigr, did you experiment with filters on a dyno till you found one to make substantial gains or did you install a minder in a tube and use it and swap filters till it stopped pulling the minder in?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.