No limit intake fitment issue

trugertha

Reaction score
Have a really hard time trying to line this thing up. Starting to think the mount is bent wrong or something? Any tips would be hreat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMLDirtymax

Reaction score
56bf90d7fc493318355aaf0bfdee41ee.jpg
159ea110f1d51d10caf26ce385325017.jpg

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Have a really hard time trying to line this thing up. Starting to think the mount is bent wrong or something? Any tips would be hreat

There have been a few people who have had the mounts not fit correctly , the mount is only necessary for those with dual Fuelers to keep the tube from ever dipping on to the pulley. If the brace isn't a perfect fit , don't worry , you don't need it.

trugertha

Reaction score
We're going to throw that mount out. And not worry about it then. Thanks for the heads up mike

trugertha

Reaction score
Seems to hit the hood? I dunno doesn't look right? I know it should be simple enough. Guess we'll try again tomorrow.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
So you have to run that thing ( don't know the technical name) over the air filter? Or can someone explain to me what it does?

powerstroked08

Reaction score
So you have to run that thing ( don't know the technical name) over the air filter? Or can someone explain to me what it does?

Its a pre filter. And no you don't have to run it, but it keeps the big dirt and debres out of the filter. I have one on my 6.4 no limits kit since I live on a dirt road and a pretty dusty area all together and it helps a lot. It doesn't really hurt the flow any and it helps on the filter cleaning interval.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Its a pre filter. And no you don't have to run it, but it keeps the big dirt and debres out of the filter. I have one on my 6.4 no limits kit since I live on a dirt road and a pretty dusty area all together and it helps a lot. It doesn't really hurt the flow any and it helps on the filter cleaning interval.

That makes sense. I saw some people talk about a pre filter but wasn't sure what they meant. Thanks man!

powerstroked08

Reaction score
That makes sense. I saw some people talk about a pre filter but wasn't sure what they meant. Thanks man!

No problem man. Just one thing to remember when you clean and oil your air filter. Is to let it "dry" some because when you oil it and then put the pre filter on right away, the oil can get on the pre filter and attract a lot of dirt in those oily spots. Its no big deal but then you gotta pull the pre filter off and clean it quick. But the pre filters are a great thing, we used to use them ALL of the time on our dirt cars.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
No problem man. Just one thing to remember when you clean and oil your air filter. Is to let it "dry" some because when you oil it and then put the pre filter on right away, the oil can get on the pre filter and attract a lot of dirt in those oily spots. Its no big deal but then you gotta pull the pre filter off and clean it quick. But the pre filters are a great thing, we used to use them ALL of the time on our dirt cars.

That makes sense. I was probably gonna order the dry filter only cause I prefer those over the oiled ones and I'm mainly a highway driver.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Intake fits great after a little adjustment.

right on buddy. this intake is using every ounce of available space, so it may require a little tweaking in regards to getting everything right . hope you're enjoying it !!

trugertha

Reaction score
Sounds sick mike! Thanks for the great customer service I'll be doing business with you in the future!

lobe50

Reaction score
I am looking into ordering one of these also...
I had a couple questions I had emailed Mike over the last 2 days, but haven't gotten anything back...must be all the Xmas Hustle

In any case maybe you guys can help:
LML is yours in pic polished? Does it have any coating on it to protect it from oxidizing from the elements?

Also, what filter is recommended, oiled, dry, or he has a Pro Guard option for $15 extra??
Thanks for the info.
Merry Christmas!!!

Latest posts

Members online