No Limit intake...what I saw.

Reaction score
We also need the amount of times you've had a bowel movement and the size and structure of the fecal matter....

There's two different blends for seasons? What's "summer" blend?

Was that a serious question? Im not sure what would be in diesel fuel in the summer. but it is blended in the winter with different additives in the colder states like here in Indiana.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Are the stock intakes on these trucks that restricted to see that much fuel mileage increase from an intake? Pretty easy way for helping the truck breathe and mas mileage.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Pretty easy to throw the calculated mpg off also with a uncalibrated MAF too. Not knocking the filter... just sayin.

One could make his mpg calculator read 25mpg if he wanted too...

Ford had a reason for limiting air intake flow. Their reasoning is emissions driven. Too much air can easily mean too much carbon. Too clean a burn is also a negative in the world of emissions. It's doesn't produce what they want out the tale pipe. Plane and simple. Deal with this daily to keep the EPA and the feds happy. Our fines are in the 6 figures if we're not compliant

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty easy to throw the calculated mpg off also with a uncalibrated MAF too. Not knocking the filter... just sayin.

One could make his mpg calculator read 25mpg if he wanted too...

Ford had a reason for limiting air intake flow. Their reasoning is emissions driven. Too much air can easily mean too much carbon. Too clean a burn is also a negative in the world of emissions. It's doesn't produce what they want out the tale pipe. Plane and simple. Deal with this daily to keep the EPA and the feds happy. Our fines are in the 6 figures if we're not compliant

the MAF was turned off ( not used) before and after this test, so there goes that theory.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Im suprised!!

anybody else everyone, would have been demanding hand calculated results and calling them LIAR with proof and pictures of the pump with numbers on the lcd screen proving how many gallons were put in. ect ect

LOL

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Are the stock intakes on these trucks that restricted to see that much fuel mileage increase from an intake? Pretty easy way for helping the truck breathe and mas mileage.
i believe its how its routed. it has a decent size element with lots of surface area.. but has to draw through a small opening in the front.. cut the bottom off of the filter housing to expose the pleats and there is no restriction before the filter anymore. just turbulence from the factory intake track after the filter. basically makes it a open intake... thats my theory anyway...

live life full throttle

Jassman

Reaction score
I like this intake, and will be getting one....and agree that being 5" and the largest out there will stuff more air in. My only question is through research I can not find where a intake can make anything more than minimal power or mileage gains at all, BUT..better throttle response is the big gain...and I can more than see that happening with this set up.. I believe your Mileage may change like you showed us on the lie-o-meter due to rescaling of the MAF sensor. I was surprised to see such a big gain..and trust me welcome that for my 15.. However, through all my different intakes I have used and then hand calculating, it's about the same.

Would you mind doing the test on a hand calculation. Thanks.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I really don't get what people don't understand about this post. Whether or not the dash is correct, the fact that it changed shows there is some improvement. He's not bragging that he got 20mpg now, he's showing that it improved.

Sh!t, people.

pog

Reaction score
I really don't get what people don't understand about this post. Whether or not the dash is correct, the fact that it changed shows there is some improvement. He's not bragging that he got 20mpg now, he's showing that it improved.

Sh!t, people.

do you know what it's like ballin' on a budget? WE NEED HAND CALCULATED NUMBERS!!

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Heck, I can improve my mpg by 2-3 just by going to quick trip. For some reason I can't explain my truck really likes the fuel at QT.

That and taking the gate off my tiny 6x10 trailer makes for 2-3mpg. Trailer w/ no gate doesn't drop my mpg, trailer w/ gate drops it 2-4mpg, trailer w/ gate and a 1000lb atv only drops it 2mpg.

Slowing down from 80 to 70mph makes 2-3better mpg.

Running in a crowd of semis can make as much as a 4mpg gain! Slowing down and following me (in a uhaul) home from NY, my GF got 23mpg - hand calc. Truck has never gotten that kind of mpg in it's life.

Silly shiot like that makes lots of mpg differences.

On the highway in 70-75mph areas and medium traffic (so I get some advantage from others windbreaking) is about the best I'll get - 18mpg.

I'd love to hear proof that an air intake makes better mpg, but I'm pretty skeptical at this point.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Heck, I can improve my mpg by 2-3 just by going to quick trip. For some reason I can't explain my truck really likes the fuel at QT.
That and taking the gate off my tiny 6x10 trailer makes for 2-3mpg. Trailer w/ no gate doesn't drop my mpg, trailer w/ gate drops it 2-4mpg, trailer w/ gate and a 1000lb atv only drops it 2mpg.

Slowing down from 80 to 70mph makes 2-3better mpg.

Running in a crowd of semis can make as much as a 4mpg gain! Slowing down and following me (in a uhaul) home from NY, my GF got 23mpg - hand calc. Truck has never gotten that kind of mpg in it's life.

Silly shiot like that makes lots of mpg differences.

On the highway in 70-75mph areas and medium traffic (so I get some advantage from others windbreaking) is about the best I'll get - 18mpg.

I'd love to hear proof that an air intake makes better mpg, but I'm pretty skeptical at this point.

That because QT has a dedicated floor of people in their mansion in Tulsa Oklahoma buying fuel from the best sources at the best prices. The men and women that do the trading for petroleum look like the people on wallstreet trading stocks. Its quite amazing actually.

Most people dont understand this nor believe this but there are different quality fuels one can buy from the refinery.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.