No limit stage 2 intake NO GOOD?

Noah_

Reaction score
After installing my intake i did notice a increase in throttle response as well as a noticeable increase in power in the lower rpms..... however less then 2 hours after install the first time i had to "get in it" around 75% throttle merging on the interstate. It threw a code and went to a reduced power level and became very laggy. After stoping at auto zone to clear the code witch was a MAF sensor code i headed home. Go figure not 5 miles down the road the code came back on and the laggy de-rated power was back.... I am running KEM tunning and love it. has any one else had these issues. i have since put my S&B back on and have not had a issue since i drive 40k-50k miles a year and dont have time to deal with issues... did i just waist $400.00 dollars??

Reaction score
It will work with stock KEM tuning. Send your info to [email protected] they have a custom tune waiver to fill out and can take care of the code. The stock "pre-loaded" kem tuners do not come with the ability to work with no-limit stage two's as they have stock maf tables to work on stock trucks. That can be changed on an as needed basis by contacting mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noah_

Reaction score
morgan after talking to mike he thinks that turning the code off is a bandaid for a underlying problem. and could risk hurting the truck

Reaction score
morgan after talking to mike he thinks that turning the code off is a bandaid for a underlying problem. and could risk hurting the truck

I've talked to him a lot about this.

It will not hurt the truck, but it does keep safeguards that are in place by the factory from working.

As long as a person understands that taking some safeguards out of the system is at their own discretion he has no issue doing so. Just will not do this in "bulk" or "pre loaded" generic form. Needs to be custom as per request by the customer.

Noah_

Reaction score
morgan what safe gaurds does this remove??? last thing i want to do is tear up a 60k dollar truck to make a few extra HP

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
So you didn't read the website and obviously didn't read here where it's been discussed numerous times and the intake is no good? Sounds more to me like your research is no good. Tons of people here, myself included, run that intake and have no codes.

TheViking

Reaction score
Why would someone take the time to slow down, do some research, and check to see what they have as a tune will work with other modifications made to the truck.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Why would someone take the time to slow down, do some research, and check to see what they have as a tune will work with other modifications made to the truck.

I would because the last thing I want to do is tear up a 70K dollar truck just to make a few extra hp. :/

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
morgan what safe gaurds does this remove??? last thing i want to do is tear up a 60k dollar truck to make a few extra HP

you wont tear ANYTHING up , at all. its unfortunate KEM can't get it right. but i will say PIP has made their tunes compatible months ago and nothing but happy customers through and through !

NathannialD

Reaction score
it will not hurt anything, it just sees an air flow discrepancy that it doesnt like. pretty standard stuff, larger pipe so the maf doesnt see the velocity it would if it was a smaller tube. typically you just rescale the sensor or the code can be blocked.

Noah_

Reaction score
So you didn't read the website and obviously didn't read here where it's been discussed numerous times and the intake is no good? Sounds more to me like your research is no good. Tons of people here, myself included, run that intake and have no codes.

What crawled up your ass ? When I ordered the intake it didn't not say that on the website as I already stated... I have read every single post/thread I can find regarding the subject and could not get a clear answer. So go troll some where else...

The Bosch processor in the 6.7s is boost based. Wouldn't fooling the MAF to think it was a smaller pipe. Increase boost and Timeing ?? I honestly don't know and am not making any accusations just trying to gather info to figure out what I need to do... Thanks for the help

Reaction score
you wont tear ANYTHING up , at all. its unfortunate KEM can't get it right. but i will say PIP has made their tunes compatible months ago and nothing but happy customers through and through !

it will not hurt anything, it just sees an air flow discrepancy that it doesnt like. pretty standard stuff, larger pipe so the maf doesnt see the velocity it would if it was a smaller tube. typically you just rescale the sensor or the code can be blocked.

Yeah, I agree it would be easier if all tuners were setup to work with every part from the beginning. But I also can understand KEM playing a little cover their a**. They can do anything you want, but deviation from basic stuff requires a custom tune modification waiver. It is what it it's. To some people it is a factor that is too inconvenient and will push them to buy someone else's tuning. KEM knows that and is ok with it from my understanding.

I don't know everything about what it affects. Either you want it and the performance and are willing to take the risks to get it, or leave it stock.... That goes without saying for any modification in a truck.

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
Huh, well this is all interesting... Wonder if this has anything to do with my turbo spool/ surging/ no fuel down low issues? I'm running the same Intake and same tuning..

Noah_

Reaction score
Iv modified many diffrent vehicles and understand the risks of doing it other wise I wouldn't be tuned and deleted im just trying to understand the safe guards it eliminates. This is my daliey driver that I count on not to mention a rather costly truck as we all know. I just don't want to do something that will negatively hurt it... I'm fine with some risk just trying to make sure I understand them before I dive in... Not pointing any fingers or making any accusations against the product just trying to learn more on the subject.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree it would be easier if all tuners were setup to work with every part from the beginning. But I also can understand KEM playing a little cover their a**. They can do anything you want, but deviation from basic stuff requires a custom tune modification waiver. It is what it it's. To some people it is a factor that is too inconvenient and will push them to buy someone else's tuning. KEM knows that and is ok with it from my understanding.

I don't know everything about what it affects. Either you want it and the performance and are willing to take the risks to get it, or leave it stock.... That goes without saying for any modification in a truck.

what a joke.

Latest posts

Members online