No power brakes, don't know what to do

Lamont_24

Reaction score
I was driving home from work today and my brakes were working fine until I started stopping at a red light and I had no power brakes. If I push the peddle really hard it will still stop quick but there's just no help when I push. I checked fluid and it's a little low, a little above the half way mark. Would that cause it? I checked all connections and they were all tight. Do I need to bleed them? Need help guys!

Lamont_24

Reaction score
I pulled the line off that goes to the brake booster and I don't know how much pressure it will make but I can kind of feel it pulse sort of. I put it up to my mouth and it wasn't sucking or blowing

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
I pulled the line off that goes to the brake booster and I don't know how much pressure it will make but I can kind of feel it pulse sort of. I put it up to my mouth and it wasn't sucking or blowing

tumblr_m6toc8tVPx1r0schv.jpg

Bobby@cp

Reaction score

WTF

Yeah your vacuum pump is bad.

Lamont_24

Reaction score
I didn't know what to do? Tractors don't use vacuum pumps for brakes. But I changed the vacuum pump and they work great. Thanks for the helps guys

Lamont_24

Reaction score
They still worked decently just got push as hard as you can! Haha but now that I think if it when I wax unloading my other truck after I pulled the trans the brakes barely worked and that's obviously because no engine running = no vacuum

old man dave

Reaction score
You should have gotten a brake warning light, thats the way the system works. Possible your bulb is burned out or the vacuum sensing is not working.

Latest posts

Members online