no power

np205

Reaction score
Just got truck about 1-2 weeks ago, 2004 6.0 auto 4X4 CCSB, 99K on it. Was driving down the road and went to take off from a stop light and no power. Would idle, smoked on throttle application but no power. Was thinking no boost and turbo was sticking. GOt it to finally clean up and run but still does it here and there. Going back to dealership Monday when shop is open. Everything is stock. any suggestions??

Thanks,

Owen

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
What color smoke? Could be sticking turbo or an egr that is sticking open slightly

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Are you losing coolant? Hard start in the morning, smell anuy fuel anything like this? Could be ficm, failed egr cooler, or egr valve still. Or any combination of the three.

np205

Reaction score
Get looked at Thursday, get codes pulled, still runs better than it did, starts better with EGR unplugged, also fuel consumption went down. Just need to make sure everything is ok before I go elk hunting the first of next month.

Bronc937

Reaction score
Before I did d*****, mine did exactly what you're describing suddenly. Pulled the egr valve and found it to be all coked up. Cleaned it with carb cleaner and re-installed. Ran like it should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.