No start after mild build

09stroker

Reaction score
Well last week I did head studs, platinum gaskets, EGR delete, batmowheel, elite trans, rcd torque converter and low pressure fuel system.

After putting it all together it won't crank and the theft light just flashes while the key is on. All the other lights come on like usual.

Is this the PATS system? What can I do, I'm lost.
Thanks

black6.4

Reaction score
re check your ground wires...one under passenger door runs frame to cab....one rear of intake manifold runs to passenger side firewall or any others you may have taken off...also one by each battery to inner fender I think...possibly your starter remote wire? that's a round plug located on passenger side near the batt......

BFT

Reaction score
Are all your power wires connectected? Battery to battery wire or the power wire for those fuse box? It's on your driver side battery

mortal798

Reaction score
Theft light flashing fast is PATS, but it may be due to the antenna or PCM not powering up due to a poor ground or open power circuit.

oldbluef250

Reaction score
Are your batteries good? Ive seen the same problem before and all it was were really dead batteries. Even with a battery charger on, the truck still wouldnt crank but all of the lights would come on like there was plenty of juice

OBS F350

Reaction score
Check your batteries and connection on the batteries. I had a loose positive cable on mine and it did the same thing until I tightened it.

Fenner408

Reaction score
I had the same issue when I lifted my cab, wouldn't crank or anything. I had missed a small positive cable on the passenger side battery.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Is the drivers side power wire there. Its a little red end wire we had the same thing happen once

Sent by my Nexus powered by this (╯°□°)╯

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Is your Low pressure a air dog? if you have the stop lpfp try to plug it into the harness and see if it starts

09stroker

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm off to double check the suggested connections.
I should also add the truck will not communicate with auto enginuity or the dash daq or livewire. And I'm using an A-1000 for my pump.

09stroker

Reaction score
I checked all the grounds and hot wires and I disconnected the all the large connectors and plugged them back in and also plugged in the stock fuel pump. Still no crank.
I did get it to crank by jumping the starter and it spins like normal so it has good juice. It just won't crank with the key or start if I manually crank it.
Im gonna unhook the batteries for an hour and see if anything happens.
Would this happen if one of the computers is fried?

Dustball8504

Reaction score
FWIW, my truck did this and the PCM was fried. I don't know what you would have done to fry it though, I was loading a tune when mine went dead and did just as you are describing.

09stroker

Reaction score
Good news!! I Unplugged and plugged all the large connectors in AGAIN and unscrewed then screwed all the grounds and now she cranks!!
Thanks for the guidance, I was about ready to haul it to ford LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.