No Start Help Please!

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
I’d sure hope not! It runs the best Iv had it running when it actually starts…I chased as much out I could…I will see what the res is doing asap and get back to y’all will also test my 5vref aswell as pull #8 Re ring it! Prime the system and hope I find an o-ring

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
And it did…Well Described! Yeah that’s why I pulled the injectors out clean the rails etc but it could have been to little to late? Idk

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Well well I Checked the Vref and Rsig on the ICP harness is also open on pin A with key on but everything seems to check out there! But Pulled #8 and got almost Zero Oil and Fuel but the Orings looked perfect so I will replace them…could this just all be Airlock? Honestly!? Thinking I should pre fill the head and res up and see if it will fire with the covers off! What do you Fellas Think!? Could everything be so new Airs having a hard time getting past anything?

Reaction score
You could try filling the rails. When I had the HP Oil Rail end plugs go bad, I refilled the rails with a small funnel in the forward-most top-surface head ports (ICP port and corresponding opposite side) since the engine tilts backward. Took my time and waited for all air bubbles to come out. Truck started almost instantly in my case. Cheers!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Ok, maybe I missed it, but how much run time do you have on this since the last time the girls pressure oil system was open? Before pulling the injector in your last post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Maybe like 30-50 miles I just wouldn’t expect it to be completely empty on that side but it’s definitely worth a try prime everything first…it certainly wasn’t this way when I put the new injectors in.

Last edited:

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
So I went ahead and filled the empty head completely up and the res it’s building oil pressure on the dummy gauge quickly now thing is now I’m getting no CPS signal on the tac..At this point we’re steppin in to the twilight zone.
Iv already put 2 Brand new Dark Blue Motorcraft CPS on checked the plug and wires so what Gives!? Iv Heard of shims on the CPS but why now what could be the reason? This is unexpected because I wasn’t really having this issue so far

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
I should also mention that my oil level didn’t seem to drop on the res anymore….I did see and smell fuel on a glow plug as well just no smoke out the pipe really at all! I can smell that she wants to run so it’s close!
Question I do have is I noticed she seems to Knock with the new Denso Starter is that normal? Or am I just hearing fuel knock

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
How long of crank times are you giving her? It's OK to crank these things for quite awhile.

Especially with the mechanical fuel pump these things take aton of cranking

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Have we confirmed low side with a mechanical gauge?

Do you know if yours has the deairetion valve in the front cover?

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Have not confirmed the low side with a gauge yet…I’m just Leary of issues there because it’s a Brand new Melling the front cover was immaculate…as far as I can Tell the CPS signal is an issue somehow. As For the Deaeration valve I don’t think so it’s about 182000 serial# I did have to re-Oring the Quick Fill valve on the block…

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
I’m giving pretty good crank times but like I said I really kinda don’t like how The Denso seems to make it knock. Obviously it should start instantly…after 2 CPS I’m kinda confused about the No signal!

Last edited:

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Sorta reaching the End of my rope here with this Truck I never thought I’d contemplate selling it….but this is ridiculous! Went from 289k 350k And Iv replaced everything from a New ZF5 2 ****in clutch’s (South Bend Throwout exploded at 40k WTF) New water pump,alt,IPC 2times,IPR two times,LPOP,HPOP,CPS 3 times,Oil cooler,Dipstick adapter,Fuel pump,Rebuilt Bowl and FPR All new hoses,Starter,New Baby swamps.even the IPR harness is brand new as well as the VC gasket’s and two Replugs on the Harness…Wtf Guys? Really Nice truck is it just Shit? Lord have mercy I NEED my truck or I will be ****ed going to work soon. Loss of words on this whole thing maybe the 7.3 isn’t so Great Iv owned 3 20R Toyotas Never ever anything like this they all still run amazing at 350k plus!

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
At this point I’d be willing to offer a reward too whom ever can find the solution to this ****in mess! Nothing to scoff at either a decent reward…😓😢😭 Bullshit

Chips Ahoy!

Reaction score
Fresno the options are few…Dealership or Browns in Riverdale that’s a 3-400$ tow so that’s where I’m at I’d rather put that too fixing it…Moreover I don’t see how it’s funny I know plenty about this engine and it’s systems! I have FORScan I’ve done Pin out Tests and checked sensors for specs! Everything is Motorcraft…If I had a spare PCM I’d throw it in as opposed to building a breakout box…I came here for help because my options are limited as ****! If it’s a cracked pickup or oring and I spend 400$ on a tow 300$ on a diag then another 400$ on a tow again I’m still **** and then more Broke

Last edited:

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I laugh cause "maybe the 7.3 isn't so great" comment.

Looks like you just threw a ton of parts at it.

We've just about covered everything, sometimes you overlook something or are just not experienced and that's when having a shop do some dio work comes into play.

Or keep throwing parts at it....?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Do you have an oscilloscope?

Have you scoped the cam sensor?

Latest posts

Members online