No start no smoke

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Replaced my injectors hpop springs pushrods studs. Anyways seemed to start up fine at first. It was idling rough so I took it for a 90 mile trip still had a funny miss. Thought it was a tuning issue no big deal shut the truck off. Couldn't get it started cranks but no start. Pulled the chip still crank no start. Changed out the cps with a ****ty one from orileys tach bounces when cranking. Once in awhile it will start after prolonged cranking (more than 20sec seems like only after I fully charge the battery's battery's are only 10 months old. Truck has WTS light and an irate regulated return gauge shows 65psi. Hooked it up to a snap on scanner only thing that looked weird was even with the icp sensor unplugged it still showed the pressure increasing while cranking. Swapped the ipr with a new one still no change. What now?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Only consistent one is p0605 with my chip installed, once in awhile will get a p1212 and p1280 but it seems like it's rare and only in memory codes. It's weird the fact it's not even smoking

David N

Reaction score
So if its not smoking that means its not even firing correct?

Try the engine oil pressure sensor and the wires going to that sensor and the ICP sensor. I had a weird situation where my wires were grounding out to the engine hook. But turns out if that wire isn't sending a signal it kills the engine. Maybe you could have nicked one of those wires when doing all the work.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I half ass checked the looms one thing that did seem odd my map and ebp showed 97kpa sitting there not running if I started it and gave it some peddle it moved to 103. So I thought it was good but now I read that the map ebp and ipr all have the same supply. Is this correct?

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Well it was a colder morning around 45 and I went out and it started within a second of cranking. Well now I'm thinking injector orings even tho there brand new. I did get 2 full turns on the idm harness bolt before hand. I'll drive it around let it get hot and report back I'm really hoping it's not orings. Only thing that I thought was weird were they had two metal split rings on them besides one.

mandkole

Reaction score
how is the idle quality now? can you put the scanner back on to check ICP and codes again?

Hmmm...2 rings? who did you get them from? I dont know of any injector shop doing the '2 metal ring' thing... if you are concerned about the top seals, you could pull the VCs, disable the injector power, then crank with a remote starter button. Watch the injectors closely for oil blowby at the base or the spout. If you see oil, the HPO is bleeding.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Pulled the driver side and sure enough oil is pumping out of an injector. It's the poppet valve tho not the oring. Pulled the solenoid off felt with a feeler gauge around had one little catchy spot bUT once I wiggled the gauge around it went away. Clearance is .008 on it. Reinstalled it. It is still pumping out of the hole just very slowly compared to what it was. But I'm thinking because the oil is cooler

mandkole

Reaction score
.008"? makes no sense. Any witness marks on the armature or solenoid from contact? is there a shim somewhere giving the clearance or was it just loose? It wont be happy pissing that much oil.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Wiggled it around and measured again .002 is tight now. Man anyone around wa state have a set of 300/200 they want to sell? Lol I'll come pick them up

Latest posts

Members online