No Start SuperDuty

PasoF450

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I thought I would pass this along, my truck was running perfect and I turned it off to hook up my trailer for a weekend vacation. When I got back in the truck and turned the key, nothing. It would not start.

I got several messages, like Overheating, Low oil pressure, Starting system Failure, and just about every light lit up. I thought this is very odd for everything to just quit. I tried to scan for codes but the code reader could not connect. I did a quick search on the internet and found somebody mention a harness getting loose by the Park Brake Foot Pedal.

I wend down there and found the hardness on the picture below had worked it's way loose. There is a bar that is supposed to be pushed down to lock the harness in place. Mine had popped up. I pushed it back down and started the truck, everything returned to normal.

Passing it forward

Attachments

• IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    713.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0439.JPG
    IMG_0439.JPG
    704.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    706.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0445.JPG
    IMG_0445.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 154

PasoF450

Reaction score
You really have to look beyond the park brake pedal to see it. It took me a couple of looks, but its worth just taking a look and making sure that tab is pressed down all the way.

Txfiremn

Reaction score
This is great info! I would have been furious if this happened to me. I'm sure a few colorful words would have been said very loudly.

Latest posts

Members online