No Start

Reaction score
My truck has recently began not starting on occasion. It doesn't do it all the time but it seems like it is becoming more and more frequent. Sometimes it will just turn over and other times it will fire right up like its brand new.

When i try to start the truck all it does is turn over, it does not try to crank at all. You can cycle the key a few times and it will fire right up. Sometimes i have to change the position on the chip. The chip does have tunes from two different tuners but i would think that it shouldn't matter about starting in one tune, sometimes it will stumble when switching tunes.

I looked on my AE one time and if memory serves me right the ipr was staying at 0% like the computer wasn't even commanding the truck to start.

Could it be a bad connection between the chip and the pcm or could the cps be on its way out? (i havent payed attention to see if the tach is moving when cranking and no start).

TARM

Reaction score
This sounds like an issue with the chips programing. It can happen if the chip was programed incorrectly. One time I did this to my chip with the burner. I incorrectly change a 1 postion chip as I was thinking postion 1 on the 7 position chip. What ended up happening it I would get no starts but then would turn thru the chip and it would start. Then sometimes if I switched between tunes it would die as well. I would think if it was a chip PCM connection issue you would see issues while driving as well as its reading from the chip if the connection was spotty it would show.

This is of course if there are no codes that could point to a actual engine issue.

Reaction score
I'm thinking it is something to do with the chip being programmed wrong also. It started this when i began burning tunes on it from two different tuners with the ts chip burner. Tarm could it be because two different formatted tunes on the same chip are causing the problem? Or could it just be a coincidence that that started at the same time, i reburned it?

TARM

Reaction score
Not so much the tunes being different more it got corrupted when you burned it or the tune as you received it was corrupted. I just know how I was able to get very close to the same symptoms by what I had done. All you have to do is clear the chip with the burner. Then only add one tune being sure to do the procedures correctly. Do the extra step of confirming the tune with the software. Then try it out and see if you have any issues with just that one tune. Then try just the other tune. Then combine them both on the chip and check again. That way you can know where the issue is if it happens or this will likely fix the issue as well.

Latest posts

Members online