no WTS light-no start

no_pistons7

Reaction score
went to start the truck last night and had no "wait to start" light and it just cranked and cranked and wouldn't fire...this morning i unplugged the fuel bowl heater connector and the WTS light came on and it fired right up, from what i understand the PCM fuse SHOULD have blown if that was the issue and it didnt?
The truck ran fine the day before no issues, kind of worried that the fuel bowl heater wasnt the issue because the fuse didnt blow? :shrug:

79jasper

Reaction score
Obviously the heater was the issue. Just wasn't shorted bad enough to blow the fuse.
Also check it to see what amp it is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

no_pistons7

Reaction score
well the wts light comes on and its all good, last two times i go to start it (cold start) itll idle for about a min fine (no rough shakey cold idle) then the rpm will hiccup then the truck turns off and i notice the rpm needle is reading around 300 for about 5 seconds or so then drops to 0...then wait about 30 seconds and the truck starts up fine and it doesnt do it again?

only other time ive had a issue similar about a month ago was when i was driving and the truck acted as if it shut off lost all power(all dash lights came on as if key was in the wts position) for half a second but it started back up itself..could the CPS be going bad?

Latest posts