Noisy traction bars

Charles

Reaction score
Forgive the ignorance but what are sliders between the leaf springs?

Little composite sheets between some of the leaves usually near the ends. They will look like white or clear plastic.

Zmann

Reaction score
slip pads don't always last long
08-0021-600.jpg

but you can replace them

for lubing the springs wd40 isn't the best I actually rebuilt My springs with liquid graphite
that stuff is cool drys to a thick film and repels water I also inserted all new slides

but jacking up the rear to open the spring packs and hosing them down with say fluid film would be a better fix than wd

BigBluediesel08

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but op, did you ever find/fix the issue? I've been getting squeaks coming from the block side of my bars.

drservo

Reaction score
Some of the noise was coming from the right rear bushings of the traction bars wearing in half from some unknown reason, letting it rub metal to metal. I also had a lot of noise coming from the ubolts that were not tight enough from installation. Shes quiet now, just waiting to see how long these bushings last this is my 3rd set.

6.4psd916

Reaction score
Do your ballistic joints have the white or red races? The white ones were super squeaky until they were replaced with the new style red ones. And for splitting bushings, I also went to a red polyurethane bushing that is larger and have not had any issues in the last 1.5 years since the change.

NotStock

Reaction score
All of the current bushings/races are red except for the hanging shackle. If you have a black bushing and are having any trouble with them, we will update them to the upgraded red poly's. Do keep in mind that these are a wear item and take a TREMENDOUS amount of abuse, occasional replacement is to be expected.

NotStock

Reaction score
Bigblue, shoot me a call and we will get the updated ones sent out to you. They split from load and or improper grease softening the poly. The red ones we have now are thicker with a little denser compound.

Latest posts

Members online