Non stop limp mode P132a

jcain

Reaction score
Clearing DTC does nothing and it just keeps coming back. A full retune makes it go away for a little while.

In MCC this dtc is in the diag disable list with an on/off cell of 32768.

How can I make this stop happening?

Thanks.

jcain

Reaction score
I've got family in town and my 2y/o's birthday party tomorrow and can't get a damn thing done

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've got family in town and my 2y/o's birthday party tomorrow and can't get a damn thing done

i know this happened to cc2cuz , maybe he'll chime in with what the fix was. i believe its something to do with a non vgt .

jcain

Reaction score
DoD suggested a definitions update so I tried that to see ifi could find more P132s. Still the same.

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
Should the black vacuum hose with the green stripe (old wastegate line) be plugged or left open?

Fwiw, started the truck today and cleared dtc and its stayed off, for now. Now just to wonder when it'll strand me again...

Cc2cuz

Reaction score
This code has troubled me in the past. It first happened back in November. At that time I just cleared the code and kept driving. Didn't really go into limp mode until a couple months ago. Everytime I tried clearing it, it would come right back and stay stuck in limp mode. So I popped the hood and found this

06D192F7-19FD-415B-A2AC-B8E5F9762AF2_zps3vpo4brr.jpg

Put a new one in and cleared the code and it never came back. To be honest though I don't know if it was just coincidence or if it really solved the problem. As a preventative measure I had gear head write me another tune to turn that code off. So far so good.
Good luck.

jcain

Reaction score
What is that? And where?

I have a non vgt tune from Matt and it did the same thing yesterday.

Cc2cuz

Reaction score
The sensor was located on my passenger side exhaust manifold but it may be different in your truck cuz I have mpd's manifolds.
Here's what it supposed to look like
CF279284-C4AF-454B-B9DA-2556FA08B42C_zps6ftmionj.jpg

jcain

Reaction score
The sensor was located on my passenger side exhaust manifold but it may be different in your truck cuz I have mpd's manifolds.
Here's what it supposed to look like
CF279284-C4AF-454B-B9DA-2556FA08B42C_zps6ftmionj.jpg
Either of these look familiar? Looks like an ebp sensor?
uploadfromtaptalk1439058045543.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439058059728.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1439058045543.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439058045543.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 120
  • uploadfromtaptalk1439058059728.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439058059728.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 115

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
That is an EBP sensor. Should be connected to the tube coming off passenger side up pipe, Back of the intake on the passenger side.

JCain, in the first picture you posted, see the stainless steel tube that's back by your down pipe, has the almost 90 degree bend in it? That's the sensor he is speaking of.

The other wiring connector you have a picture of is the connector for your VGT, which I assume is not being used if you have a non VGT setup.

Only egr sensor on the truck would be an EGT sensor.

Last edited:

Cc2cuz

Reaction score
Yes EBP sensor. Thanks for clearing that up IHpower. Trying to work and help out Jcain at the same time. Thanks for the backup.

jcain

Reaction score
My sensor had a different code on that tube end. Pulled it out and it was full of moisture and soot. Cleaned and replaced. Let's see if that fixes it. Thanks a bunch for chiming in guys!

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
No worries, just trying to help too.

I assume by code on the sensor you're talking about the part number? All numbers stamped on the sensors are what's called an "engineering" part number. Any Ford dealer can run that number and can give you the correct part number which will always be different. So whatever number came back as a pressure sensor would be correct. EBP is an exhaust back pressure sensor.

Sometimes the tubes themselves get clogged with soot as well. I usually try to run a piece of say 18 gauge mechanics wire through the tube to clean the soot out. Sounds like you have already replaced the sensor, give it a shot and see how it goes.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Has the code reoccurred with anyone?
I have MPDs non vgt turbo and it did this back when I was running mpd tunes, but it would only do it when I would start the truck. Then stay until I would unplug the mini max right after clearing the code or just retuning it. It's done it 3 times that way.
This morning, while the truck was idling at work with me in it, it threw that same damn code. It's never happened while it's been running, before it's always been right when I start it after it's been sitting for a while. I'm running ghead tunes now.
Will a tune to shut that code out work or should I just replace that sensor? Or both?

Latest posts

Members online