Non vgt s369sxe billet upgrade time. HpPredictions???

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
cool. cover the part numbers on the pumps and post a pic if that's all you're interested in hiding...

For the guy who called me a retard over volts or psi right? Yeah I'll get right on that for you. When they go public, I'll send you a link to one of our dealers websites.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I think what six slowww is getting at here is it sounds great, from what youve explained. From what you have said it is also very cheap. Obviously as of now reliability has not been tested. With the options we have now, reliability is an issue, and they are charging an arm anda leg for this. Pics of install will help with determining packaging for people who are looking for somethnglike this.

If indeed everythingpans out as you are saying, and reliability is good, you and your partner will be able to basically steal the entire aftermarket hpop market. However packaging will be an issue, especially for someone running large enough injectors to need two of these pumps as you gave as an example. I am not sure as to how bad the packaging is on dual hpop setups now, but can hazard a guess as to its probably a cluster.

I will admit that i do not need this and probably never will, but i am very curious. And i personally know a couple guys that would be interested in something like this.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Well I don't have a voltage reading because my tunes skew the voltage reading. Sorry not sure who pissed in your coffee this morning, so I guess that would be you?

I am not trying to stir the pot... but the truth is that you need to read in voltage because that number is always constant. The tuner can skew how the PCM interprets the voltage in order to fool the truck into running a higher/lower Pulse Width... but reading actual voltage is the only way to know exactly what is going on with your pressure. Reading pressure through the PCM with a tune on the truck will skew the results.

Now you can read pressure through an "actual" pressure gauge plumped into the HPO system... just not through the PCM.

With that said... do you know what ICPv is at WOT?

Also any plans to back up any of these numbers at the track? Dyno's can be very elusive.

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I am not trying to stir the pot... but the truth is that you need to read in voltage because that number is always constant. The tuner can skew how the PCM interprets the voltage in order to fool the truck into running a higher/lower Pulse Width... but reading actual voltage is the only way to know exactly what is going on with your pressure. Reading pressure through the PCM with a tune on the truck will skew the results.

Now you can read pressure through an "actual" pressure gauge plumped into the HPO system... just not through the PCM.

With that said... do you know what ICPv is at WOT?

Also any plans to back up any of these numbers at the track? Dyno's can be very elusive.

First off. Thank you for being objective. I realize that you can't simply pull a rabit out of a hat. Reliability is always a concern. These pumps are reliable, in their current application, have a incredibly low failure rate. However. Oil temperature, an engine compartments environment and voltage consistency all play factors in reliability, and as you have stated.. you can only know how truly reliable the system is until you have one installed for thounsands, if not tens of thousands of miles. I wouldn't be the first to rush a kit or system to the market. But my partner and I simply refuse to sell a product before it is tested and deemed suitable and reliable. Now. That being said. These pumps in their current application are being used for several minutes at a time without a cooling apperatus. In an engine application, you would only be using it at wide open throttle, my point being, 12-45 second bursts at wide open throttle (drag strip, or pullers) . we strongly took this into consideration when consulting with our pump manufacturer with selecting an adequate pump, amd actually wound up with several different gear selections to choose from. We are also seeking a utility and design patent for the electric dual hpop system for 6.0s given the reliability of the system stand the test of time. We are also in talks with several people as testers not maintaining hpo at wot who will test for us at cost.

As far as measuring hpop voltage, that wouldnt be an issue; however the icp sensor is relocated 2 inches from the oil rail and is actually on the feed line from the pump, so we felt that measuring voltage would not be as accurate of a representation of real rail pressure as a manual hpo psi gauge plumbed directly into the rail, giving us real interior rail psi readings. I also like to mention wewould not ever consider opening a performance shop. It would be strictly from a manufacturing standpoint. Thank you again for the objectivity. As said before. We were simply posed with a problem , saw the issues of the gear driven and aftermarket pumps, and went for our own solution. This thread wasn't meant to even be about the kit. Just a small build thread testing the new 369sxe more than anything. The kit was a simple, cost effective solution to a problem ultimately solved with ease thus far.

swinky

Reaction score
The turning on and off is what has me worried.

I'm going to be testing a new dual hpop that's not belt driven but direct drive off of a pulley. Pricing is expected to be around $800. You all know I will put it through plenty of abuse and not to mention I've made over 100 passes a year for the last three years in my DD.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

I'm going to be testing a new dual hpop that's not belt driven but direct drive off of a pulley. Pricing is expected to be around $800. You all know I will put it through plenty of abuse and not to mention I've made over 100 passes a year for the last three years in my DD.

Don't let it worry you. The pumps are designed for it. And with check valves, no oil is lost during normal non wot pulls while the stock hpop drives it as usual.

Dieselmore

Reaction score

Swinky you going to post any pics of the install?
:evil

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Take your own advice?

I don't often post up huge dyno numbers, you would be surprised what kinda dyno numbers we see from customers... but when we do post them up it is because it has already been backed up.

For our own shop truck truck we have a rcsb 2wd truck getting built over the next few months that will spend a lot of time at the track.

Any more info on that dual pump setup? Send me a PM if it is private... I am planning out my build and keep getting stuck on HPO

Chatham036

Reaction score
Was it jay that went from a 371 to a 369 and said the 369 had higher egts?

Frank ran a 371 for two or so years and just went to a 472.

Correct, 366sxe does have higher EGTs than my s371 even though I reduced to a 30% nozzle at the same time as the turbo swap. 75% nozzles when running the s371

Drivability is much better with the s366sxe for what I use the truck for. The s371 worked flawless at heavy throttle but lacked in the light throttle department.

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Correct, 366sxe does have higher EGTs than my s371 even though I reduced to a 30% nozzle at the same time as the turbo swap. 75% nozzles when running the s371

Drivability is much better with the s366sxe for what I use the truck for. The s371 worked flawless at heavy throttle but lacked in the light throttle department.
Around town driving does the 69sxe have higher egts or just at wot?

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
so a cliff notes version is ?

your running dual electric hpop.
you have a partner in this .
but you aren't looking to sell them.
but you wont release pictures until there is enough interest.
which means you would need to sell them in order to get "enough interest"
but you will build them on an individual basis.

and this is a proven set up yet you aren't in the industry? or own a shop? or don't know hp capibilities of certain sized charges......but you know this dual electric hpop deal is the best new coming thing?

what was the point of the thread to begin with? Guess what a 369 can do ?

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
Yeah let's run a 300 charger with 340cc injectors....... kids these days.

Harleyx

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The
so a cliff notes version is ?

your running dual electric hpop.
you have a partner in this .
but you aren't looking to sell them.
but you wont release pictures until there is enough interest.
which means you would need to sell them in order to get "enough interest"
but you will build them on an individual basis.

and this is a proven set up yet you aren't in the industry? or own a shop? or don't know hp capibilities of certain sized charges......but you know this dual electric hpop deal is the best new coming thing?

what was the point of the thread to begin with? Guess what a 369 can do ?

No, I don't own a shop. Yes, a friend of mine and I put together the electric hpop setup. Yes, we will build another set, but not in a production phase, because of obvious reasons, they haven't stood the test of time, just have held psi with 340 150s. No, I won't post pictures of a kit that has not been patented, and could be replicated without legal repercussion. Let me be very clear. I am not in this to make money. I am not a 6 liter mechanic. I am not a shop. I am not a manufacturing outfit. I am a diesel owner with friends in the hydraulic industry, whom I presented a basic problem to. A lack of hpo. In two oil rails. With accessible ports, and a limited budget. Is it proven? Define proven. Has it proven to me it Wil hold psi? Yes. Has it lasted 60k miles? No. 10k miles? No. I made this thread as a build log for my truck using the new 369sxe . And asked what the general opinion was about what power people thought it would make. I have been straight up about every step I've taken. And the current state of the pumps. That is all I can do.
And yes I am running 3 40 s with a 369, hopefully as a high pressure charger in a twin set up down the road. But I am not a rich man. This was not even supposed to be about the pumps. But I have answered every question in detail. I don't care if you "disagree with my choice of injectors" maybe it was all I had and I came across them in a good deal. Or "my turbo will melt down" etc etc. It's my truck. My decision. And the pumps work for me, if I do not supply another system, no harm no foul. I simply have documented my build, as were my original intenions. Nothing else. Not to pimp a kit. Or get into a pissing match about my setup. Just to document what worked for me, that is all. No other alterior motive. Thanks to all those in support. I am here to help my fellows if they wish to follow the same route as I. I have a stable, wonderful job and family to support. I documented my build, and that was my only intention. When I get dyno numbers, sheets will be posted. If I ever get the balls to drag race it, I will post up slips. Thank you to all who are objective. There is more than one way to do things. And sometimes when you don't follow the rules, and buy the kits available, people are skeptics. I don't care. It's my truck. And i will do with it, what ever I please. Thank you.

Last edited:

powerstrokecrzy

Reaction score
I would imagine a HO alternator would be required. When that/those pump kicks on its got to draw a lot of juice. It'd suck to have all that work into supplying oil to big injectors just to kill the ficm.

Extended Power

Reaction score
I have a tough time with the whole "use three pumps for 400/400 injectors"
I'm sorry, but my setup with 285/100 conventional injectors, and my home built secondary HPOP setup can, and does pull the lpo system pressure down at high rpm.

Not sure how your 2.5 quart reserve tanks are going to maintain, when the demand for the rest of the system all comes from the lpo gyro pump.....it can only supply so much volume and pressure.
And if your using separate lpo take off ports from the pan, your just robbing the rest of the system of oil.

Don't take this the wrong way...I just hope you took everything into consideration before you go ahead with something that may make a lot of enemies from engine damage.

Latest posts

Members online