Non vgt setup 205/stocks

Stroker04

Reaction score
As the title says I'm running 205/stock nozzles(for now) I have a full fuel system and all supporting mods. What turbo would be a good combo for this setup? I may add nozzles later on down the road, so that would be something to keep in mind as well. Spool-up isn't a big concern but I don't want it to be extremely laggy. I would like to keep my stock up pipes as well and maybe use a v-band to a t3 or t4 adapter as well. Let me know what you guys think and if any vendors could PM me prices that would be awesome. Thanks!

loboost

Reaction score
If you're going to do nozzles...a 366 or big vgt would be nice.

You won't like a 205/stock.....at all Lol. Not on a full fuel tune.

sent while driving recklessly

loboost

Reaction score
So a s362 wouldn't work well either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You likely won't like stock nozzles on 205s with any charger. That's a lot of fuel for a stock nozzle. My advice...save another 500$ and get 75% or 100% nozzles and run a box 366 and have fun.

Of course you'll need a transmission shortly after.

As far as charger...I'd go with a divided t4 vs an open t3 or t4 unless you want to gate it.

Stroker04

Reaction score
I already have a built trans so that's no issue. I just figured I could find a good running non Vgt setup without upgrading nozzles.

loboost

Reaction score
I already have a built trans so that's no issue. I just figured I could find a good running non Vgt setup without upgrading nozzles.

Those two really don't go well together...and for 3-500 more $...its much easier to do while they're already out.

What's your ultimate goal for the truck?

Edit....just realized you're already running them. Are you still using the stock charger?

Stroker04

Reaction score
Very true. I tow occasionally up to 10k lbs often. I thought about maybe doing a fmw 64.5 turbo if I did nozzles.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I ran a s366 with 190/stock nozzles for a while... it was a good running set up. spool up wasnt as good as with nozzles but smoke was nonexistent because of the nozzle. Im sure I have videos of it somewhere if you want me to find them

Stroker04

Reaction score
Yes please that would be great Matt! Did you run that setup with t4 up pipes or with an adapter?

smokedout250

Reaction score
You likely won't like stock nozzles on 205s with any charger. That's a lot of fuel for a stock nozzle. My advice...save another 500$ and get 75% or 100% nozzles and run a box 366 and have fun.

Of course you'll need a transmission shortly after.

As far as charger...I'd go with a divided t4 vs an open t3 or t4 unless you want to gate it.

Wonder where you got the idea about a trans... Lol

Op, you will like the 366 and 205s with nozzles... But if your against swapping i would look into the 362fmw it would be a decent all around or a 364fmw might be a little laggy

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Wonder where you got the idea about a trans... Lol

Op, you will like the 366 and 205s with nozzles... But if your against swapping i would look into the 362fmw it would be a decent all around or a 364fmw might be a little laggy

I think he would be happy with ether turbo. Both spool great.

Stroker04

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna try a 66 and see how I like it. I'm trying to avoid putting up pipes on just because these are new with upgraded joints. Who all makes a vband to t4 adapter?

04stroker

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna try a 66 and see how I like it. I'm trying to avoid putting up pipes on just because these are new with upgraded joints. Who all makes a vband to t4 adapter?

Zach, Why not try a big VGT like the 68mm? I can also help you out with that turbo and/or nozzles. We are doing all injector work in house now and have a in house flow bench as well. We have been playing around with different turbo setups and my favorite street setup has been the 68mm VGT. Spools great and pulls hard as hell. We ran it with 225/100 injectors she was pretty nasty.

Stroker04

Reaction score
Rykan whose Vgt turbo is it? What's the price to put nozzles on my 205s? You can send me a PM if you'd like. I use to have your number but I think I lost it lol

04stroker

Reaction score
Rykan whose Vgt turbo is it? What's the price to put nozzles on my 205s? You can send me a PM if you'd like. I use to have your number but I think I lost it lol

Barder makes all of our turbos. We have installed a lot of his turbos and never had one single issue. I have talked several people out of the non vgt into a 68mm and never had a dissapointment one. They are awesome and I have driven a lot of different setups. Just got your text. LOL

Stroker04

Reaction score
James lives about 40 minutes from me as well. So I may talk to him and see what he recommends as well.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.